“Not for family anything”

Days Inn Blytheville
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Blytheville
Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

Just passing through on the way to Texas and needed to stop for the night. Location is right off the highway making it convenient and the daily date is well below $100. That's the only good news.

Entering the room the first appearance was not so bad. Once my eyes became accustomed to the low light I regret having such good eye sight. That forced me to do a complete check of the room. Stripping the sheets off one of the mattress I discovered brown stains that had long set in. From exactly what, I don't dare want to know. The other bed was slightly less stained.

The wall next to the headboard sported several holes stuffed with tissue paper and some spots bumped outward. Again I don't want to know.

If it were not for my wife bringing essential oils I don't think I could have slept with the unknown stale/misty/mystery smell clinging in the air. Several dozen drops of pep talk oil on a towel over the air conditioner did the trick.

Now being a hotel right off the freeway and in heavy construction area I'd expect seeing the throngs of construction workers coming and going and I did. What I didn't expect it an open discussion of two thugs negotiating with some guy the price of pleasure.

Some of the top floors were occupied by thug looking droopy pants straight bill hat wearing grill sporting typical baller hoe wranglers. The ladies hidden away in the rooms only came out between breaks to have a smoke looking extremely hideous.

I truly didn't care about all the night life going on around this small hotel off the highway, I was way to tired and wanted to get an early start.

Not a place to expose your kids to. I'm not sure if the management cares or turns the obviousness into a room filled equal dollar signs no questions asked.

Stayed: November 2013
1angelheart, Manager at Days Inn Blytheville, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

We do care very much about every guests' satisfaction and want each person to have an exceptional stay here. We are truly sorry that you were not satisfied and you would have been welcome to call down to the front desk and let someone know that there were problems.

If any issues or incidents are reported to the front desk, we are always willing and able to correct them. We were not made aware at the time of your stay that there were any problems with the room, and could have corrected them at the time so that you could enjoy your night. Now that we do know, these issues have been addressed.

As stated before, if at any time a guest feels uncomfortable about anything, the office needs to know. There is a desk clerk on duty 24 hours a day who can take proper procedures to make sure you are happy with your accomodations. At the time of your stay, there were several out-of-town workers who took rooms here and at the hotel that is next door to us (in the same parking lot). The room that you occupied faces another hotel that we do not own or manage, but whether it is our guests or their guests who were being loud, rude, or disrespectful, (if something like that is reported to us,) it will be corrected by either company because those type of guests are ones neither hotel wants to have and they can be made vacate the premises for their bad behavior.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
1angelheart, Manager at Days Inn Blytheville, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Reviewed October 16, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
1angelheart, Manager at Days Inn Blytheville, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Reviewed October 12, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
1angelheart, Manager at Days Inn Blytheville, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Reviewed September 15, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
1angelheart, Manager at Days Inn Blytheville, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Once again, I am left to wonder whether some of the other reviewers and I are talking about the same place. The front office staff are all extremely pleasant and accommodating. My room is clean, comfortable, and has a few extra amenities that you usually don't get at this price. The carpet and bedding look new, as does the paint job (no wallpaper anywhere); there is a king-sized bed and a largish love seat (sofa sleeper), both of which are in very good condition. The drapes close all the way and block the sun. The bathroom amenities all work, nothing is dripping, and there are adequate towels and toiletries. The room includes a mini-fridge and a microwave at no additional charge, as well as the usual coffee maker. Yes, the television is an old picture-tube model, and the desk is a bit wonky, as are a few of the lamps -- but so what? I paid under $100 and am staying one night on my way to points north. I can't comment on the breakfast, as I haven't eaten it yet, but it's complementary. I'll be happy with cold cereal and milk, but understand it includes scrambled eggs, sausage, and biscuits and gravy. The only caveat I have is with the location -- and that's not the fault of the hotel. It is directly off of the freeway, which is great, but if you go out to eat, it's sort of "you can't get there from here" due to the way that the freeway was put in. Be sure to ask for directions on how to get back if you do go out; otherwise, you could end up back on the freeway.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

We are happy to hear that everything was satisfactory for you and we thank you for all your comments about your accomodations. We hope you will get the chance to return and stay with us again and possibly check out our fresh, hot breakfast next time. Also, you will be able to watch the game or a show on a flat screen very soon as we are due to upgrade all the televisions to flat screens in the new year.

Reviewed September 3, 2013