“Great attempt at culture - art - Let's support this!” 3 of 5 bubbles

The Ritz Theatre
Wilson, Arkansas
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
“Great attempt at culture - art - Let's support this!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

That may sound like a slam, but I'm very pleased that towns like this try to maintain a level of culture beyond watching TV, renting movies or cooking meth.
I L O V E the old building this is in; and how they preserved it!!!!
They should get high marks for the ongoing work there.
The second best part of the program was POPCORN!
The smell wafted to the front; I didn't make it to opening curtain until I went back for a 2nd bag.
What Fun!
The play we saw started slow; decent local actors but poor casting for their characters.
One man stood out as an exception; his role was fairly small, but the energy he brought onto
the stage was much appreciated... and you could see the actresses onstage perk up their performance too!
The set was somewhere between home-schooler/high schooler quality; they could have done better. Sound improved greatly as the play moved on; actors couldn't project vocally, but they were all mic'd and it made up for volume, not intelligibility.
I hope this troupe finds something to re-energize them and catapult them into creative quality; I'd love to go back again.

Visited April 2013