“Terrific caving experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cosmic Cavern

Cosmic Cavern
More attraction details
Owner description: Cosmic Cavern was discovered in 1845, but wasn'€™t developed until 1927. The cave features a 9 foot soda straw the longest known in the Ozarks, and two bottomless lakes. One of the lakes was discovered in 1993 in the "Silent Splendor" section which made national news. This was Arkansas’ most delicate discovery. Make sure to bring your camera! Gift Shop, Snacks, Picnic area and camping available.
Saint Clair Shores, Michigan
“Terrific caving experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

Randy, our tour guide, was absolutely the best we could have hoped for. Not only was he knowledgeable, but he was fun and funny. The hour-plus flew by. In addition to showing us the cave system's features, explaining how the gorgeous, growing calcium formations were created, sharing how the manmade scaffolding structures were built -- including the poured concrete, and answering our many questions, Randy shared the backstory of the cave. We'd go back to hear it again and to take the wild tour. Our hesitation to take the extended tour was not due to anything Randy said or did. My husband had knee stem-cell replacement six months ago, so we were a bit leery about putting extra stress on it. He's 70, and normally would be game for this type of adventure. If you get a chance, see this cave. It's well worth the time and money.

Visited January 2014

Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
“Wonderful surprise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

Driving up and walking in I wasn't expecting much. I wondered if I'd made the right choice to drag the family (me, my father, my boyfriend, and his mother) here. Turns out my worries were for naught - Aaron was a wonderful, informative guide. The caverns were lovely, and not too tough for anyone (60+ year old parents and my 6'6" boyfriend) to navigate. Would recommend this location to anyone - decent workout too!

Visited January 2014
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Nice place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

Did a lot of cave tours as a kid on family vacations, and this reminded me of those. Mom-and-pop feel. Was lucky enough it was just our family on the tour, and Aaron was a great guide. Kids were interested throughout. They loved the fish, which I would really like to flyfish for. Yes there are some stairs but my wife who had acl reconstruction last summer did fine, and I was fine even though I ran a half marathon the day before.

McLoud, Oklahoma
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“The best one yet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

We have visited several caves in this part of the US and Cosmic is by far our favorite. Our tour guide was very friendly and knowledgable and really enjoyed himself. The gift shop had some nice thing to choose from too. I'd go back again for sure!

Visited July 2013
Bellevue, Nebraska
“FANTASTIC!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013

It was an excellent tour, especially with the cold moving in. The caves were nice and warm (and humid). Our tour guide Jeremy was knowledgeable on the history of the cave, the details of the formations all while making it very entertaining. We enjoyed our tour and would certainly do it again!

Visited December 2013