“Nice”
Review of Cosmic Cavern

Cosmic Cavern
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Cosmic Cavern was discovered in 1845, but wasn'€™t developed until 1927. The cave features a 9 foot soda straw the longest known in the Ozarks, and two bottomless lakes. One of the lakes was discovered in 1993 in the "Silent Splendor" section which made national news. This was Arkansas’ most delicate discovery. Make sure to bring your camera! Gift Shop, Snacks, Picnic area and camping available.
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Lake is very neat, much of the cave is dead. The tour is very drawn out but I dont regret seeing this cave.

All reviews
in 12 reviews
"jacket"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed October 23, 2012

The cavern was really cool in the "live" areas. Most of the cave seemed "dead". The steps are all different heights and very steep in most places. The handrails are wet. The steps are wet. I felt very unsafe during many parts of the tour. I bumped my knee going through an opening that is badly lit so you can't see that you are about to smack your leg on. It is not for the over-weight, old, or young children. As there are many areas that are a tight fit and you have to duck down several times. The lake was empty of the trout they said they had. No bats. No salamandors either. The tour guide was energetic and very knowledgable. The people running the shop, however, were not very nice. If you are in great shape and you have an hour and 30 minutes to spare go for it. But, if you have bad knees or any health issues I would be cautious. Also, a little pricey for the lack of the fish, bats, etc...

1  Thank GreenGables78
Reviewed September 18, 2012

This was a fun and easy cave. There were kids on the tour with us so it isn't overly difficult (although they do offer more challenging tours you could try) Our guide was very fun and informational and offered to take pictures for everyone at certain spots which I thought was pretty cool. It was wet in a few areas so I would definately make sure to where shoes you won't slip in. When we were there they didn't have any fish in the lakes but it was still neat to see and I would definately recommend stopping here if you have the chance.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

My husband and I went to this cave in August for just a quick getaway. If you've ever been to more than one cave this one will probably bore you. The tour lasted for about an hour only because the kid that lead it talked about a lot of pointless stuff. He was sweet, just not meant to really be a tour guide. I don't believe it was worth the price either.