“Steaks as big as hubcaps”
Review of Doe's Eat Place

Doe's Eat Place
Ranked #53 of 187 Restaurants in Bentonville
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 3, 2013

If my husband and I had remembered Doe's Eat Place's slogan is "Steaks as big as hubcaps", we never would've each ordered the ribeye. I made 2 meals out of mine, and my husband made 3 meals out of his!

There are newer reviews for Doe's Eat Place

Reviewed June 18, 2013

So you have a taste for a nice "BIG JUICY STEAK"? Well come to Arkansas and visit and let us take you to "Doe's Eat Place". My boys took me there to wind up a great fathers day weekend and I'm here to tell you that it was not a disappointment. I ordered the Rib Eye and fries and they came out of there with a plate as big as a 'man hole cover' with a large order of fries and a 2lb Ribeye cooked to perfection.. Doe's is a divey looking place with checkered table clothes and inexpensive tables and chairs but that's part of the charm. On top of all that they have these Hush Puppies that I put butter and honey on and they were heavenly.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Doe's offers excellent quality and righteously prepared steak. This is the sole reason to visit and those who would not find that to be a priority would be encouraged to eat elsewhere.

Reviewers who choose to focus on the atmosphere, simply don't get it. Doe's is a down home dump. They know it, they love it, and everyone who gets it -- embraces it. Lighten up, order a whiskey, and let your eyes adjust to the fluorescent lighting.

The sides are not the main attraction and thank goodness. American dining is often focused on goopy mac n' cheese rather than the object that requires true attention to detail- STEAK.

1  Thank HelenaBla
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I have been to Doe's several times since moving to the area nearly two years ago, but only once for dinner. I'm still waiting on two things to happen.

1. Experience good customer service.
2. Understand why people think this place is worth the money.

My dinner experience and that of my group of out of towners one recent evening: eight of us ordered the same thing (steak), and they managed to screw four of the orders up. Three of us didn't get our steak for another 45 minutes, while one of us never received one at all. Those who did actually get their meals were amazed that this restaurant is considered one of the best in the community. One quote, "you folks are best off not promoting this place too much -- maybe it will then die a quiet death." I couldn't agree more.

2  Thank SonofAtlanta
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

When you happen to be in the NWA area this is a MUST NOT MISS EXPERIENCE! The quality of the food from the appetizer to dessert is outstanding! Be prepared though, once you have had the pleasure of sitting down to dinner with a big juicy Steak here, you will never want to eat a steak anywhere else period. Doe's service and atmosphere is simply unmatched, a welcoming feeling is always present starting with owner, Matt Huson and radiates thru his entire staff! Top notch team, quality preparation and product, paired with a truly unique bar experience and frequent in house entertainment! In case I haven't told you before... MEAT ME AT DOE's!