“Really bad”

Acambaro Mexican Restaurant Inc.
Ranked #129 of 187 Restaurants in Bentonville
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

The only redeeming part of the visit was the sweet tea and the service. The food was so salty I could hardly eat, rice and beans was flavorless. The worst texmex I've had ever.

1  Thank David K
There are newer reviews for Acambaro Mexican Restaurant Inc.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

My family and I have been coming here weekly for the last 5 years. The food was always good (not amazing, but for the price no complaints). There were a few times that something was not right, and generally they would fix it, without much of an issue... until tonight. Tonight we came in, and the "manager" of the restaurant happened to be our waitress (she claimed she was the manager, when i asked to speak to her superior because of her attitude). The quesadilla i ordered was improperly prepared, and i told her as much when she came to check our table. She dismissed my comment, and walked away. When she came by the second time (nearly half an hour later) i tried again to express to her that the food was improperly prepared and she proceeded to get snippy with me. I asked then to speak to her superior and she stated she was the manager. She then proceeded to speak in Spanish to her co-workers saying that the fat lady was complaining because her quesadilla wasn't toasted. When she came back to the table, i told her i spoke Spanish, she stated she didn't care. We told her we wouldn't be back, again she said she didn't care. I said it was obvious that she didn't care. The price is cheap, the food usually is not bad, and until today, we had never had an issue with the staff... but if this is how their manager runs their restaurant, we won't be back, and i wouldn't recommend them to anyone else either.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

My review is for the restaurant across the street from Wal-Mart in Bentonville..Went today for lunch with my wife as always.. I had Carne asada steak.. she has the pork fajitas ( both from dinner menu) I had tea she had a beer.. Server was prompt and kind.. chips and salsa were fresh and testy.. Food came out sizzling hot, great looking and very yummy. I wish I could make food taste like they do.. The check was $28 plus tip we left our server $7 ...for $35 you will not find a better dinner... They do have lunch specials every day for around $5 that looked very good but we always eat off the dinner menu. in the last 15 years or so we have eaten at Acambaro's probably over 100 times 80 times were great 15 times pretty good and 5 times disappointing but those times is when the owners were going though legal problems.. You couldn't ask for a better American Mexican food restaurant in my opinion..

Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

A lot of folks love acambaro but I feel dirty after eating here. The one in Lowell/Springdale is better but I almost always need to take a shower after eating here. The fajitas leave you with a very strong smell that doesn't go away without a fight. There is also a reason they have had so many health code violations. Flavor is not too bad but I would prefer to spend the extra money to go to table Mesa where I can get fresh ingredients and better service.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I've been here for dinner and events several times. The service is always pleasant and the food is always good. Lots of variety on the menu.