“Missed the mark, I won't stay there again” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn & Suites Bentonville

Days Inn & Suites Bentonville
Ranked #18 of 22 Hotels in Bentonville
Toronto
“Missed the mark, I won't stay there again”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2009

This hotel has the bones to be a good budget hotel. My bed was large and
could have been comfortable had the room been cleaned daily. The room was
out of style and poorly lit.

I was appalled by the lack of cleaning of the room. The room was covered in
dust and no one changed the garbage all week. I was greeted by a full and
dirty coffee maker. I doubt that the bedspread on the bed was ever cleaned.
My sheets were never changed. I saw the cleaning lady one day and she said
she was going into my room and that same day I returned and not even the bed
was made.

There were a lot of construction workers staying at the hotel. Every night
they would come home and have noisy conversations and I'm sure they were
drinking because I could hear them asking if anyone brought beer.

I was also next to the indoor pool and I was surprised that there were
people in it after 10:00 PM. I didn't enjoy hearing the shouting and
splashing echoing next door.

The daily "hot" breakfast was not continental. I am not from the south and I
do not eat "biscuits and gravy". The only other hot food would've been me
making a bowl of instant oatmeal, which is not very appetizing.

On my last day there, the high-speed internet was not working. I was so
tired from noisy evenings and just being uncomfortable I just went to bed
early, relieved to know I was leaving very early in the morning.

Considering the proximity of this hotel to amenities I am shocked that it
does not have a shuttle. I guess I expected too much and unfortunately I
have to say that this place is a DUMP!!! I won't stay there again.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Businesstravelor101
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2009

First things first, the staff was wonderful and really helpful. I would definetly say that for the price I stayed, this hotel was well worth it!!! I was given wireless internet, a business center/conference room, a free hot continental breakfast, a heated indoor pool, and most importantly, I was given peace from the city hectic, I could easily just relax. There was no disturbance and the staff was always kind and ready to help. There room was very clean and filled with multiple amenities. The best thing was that I was given all these things in one very good rate.

It was definetly worth the stay.

• Liked — The overall price
  • Disliked — The lobby was kind of small
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
      Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Businesstravelor101
Mansfield, TX
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2007

#1. This hotel stated online that there was an apartment on the property. When I called to book my week's stay, I inquired about the apartment. I booked the apartment in April for my stay in July & was given a confirmation number. By June, nothing had been charged to my credit card, nor had I received any other communication from the hotel. I called to see if I should be expecting any communication. The lady who answered the phone told me she wasn't sure the apartment was even available & that I should speak with the manager when he came in. Upon speaking with the manager, I was told that there was a leak in the roof & they were working on getting it fixed. Mind you, this was a month before we were to arrive. I called a couple of other times & was told that they were still working on the apartment. I was assured that in the event the apartment was not ready in time, I would be given a king suite at a reduced cost. Upon arrival in July, we were taken to what they called a suite that had double beds in it. When we asked for our king bed, we were taken to a jacuzzi suite that reeked of cigarette smoke.

#2 Finally, we got settled into a king suite with a rollaway for our son. Three days into the stay, our sink began to fill up from the drain - on its own, mind you - no water was running in our room. It overflowed onto the carpet. I caught the water in a trash can, taking it to the front desk, still in my pajamas. I was told there was no place to put us. My trash can was emptied & used to catch anymore water that might happen to rise up. Just before 6am the next morning, here comes the water again. While we were gone that day, the sink was worked on, to no avail. Thankfully, we were moved to a regular room. We did receive comps for our trouble, for which I am thankful.

#3 Unfortunately, upon leaving the hotel, we left an item behind. I called the hotel to let them know about the item. They called me back a few hours to let me know the item had been found. Once I arrived home, arrangements were made to have the item shipped back to me at my expense. After 3 days, still no tracking information was available. I called & spoke with the manager, who said the carrier would be picking up later that morning. Another 2 days passed & still no tracking information. I called again, to be told that the package must have gone out, because it was no longer at the hotel. So, the carrier was contacted. The package had not been picked up, sitting there an entire week. I hope to see it again someday. My complaint here is that the manager seems to really have a problem with truth. It has been all too difficult to get straight answers from any of the staff here.

Oh, and the apartment? I happened to run into a construction worker who had been living in the apartment for the last 2 months while working on a project down the street. Apparently it's more lucrative to rent leaking apartments to construction workers than to fix them.

While this hotel is certainly inexpensive, don't get any high hopes. The indoor pool is maybe big enough to play pool volleyball in, but not much else. The rollaway bed required 2 bedspreads as cushion to make it sleepable. The bed was extremely hard. The pillows were great, though. The refrigerator & microwave in the room worked perfectly & were so very nice to have for our sodas & popcorn. There is wireless internet access in the rooms & the television worked fine. The breakfast consists of the usual pastries, cereal, oatmeal & sausage biscuits. Coffee, juice & milk were available, too.

• Liked — Conveniently located for our baseball tournament.
  • Disliked — Leaking sink & rock hard beds.
  • Stayed July 2007
      Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank dmdiver
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bentonville
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Bentonville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bentonville South
Doubletree Suites Bentonville
Doubletree Suites Bentonville
#2 of 22 in Bentonville

Been to Days Inn & Suites Bentonville? Share your experiences!