“Stay and play!”

Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Bentonville
Overland Park, Ks
“Stay and play!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My hiking club booked 8 double rooms for one night and there were zero complaints from 16 people. Now, I realize that hikers may not have the most discriminating taste, but we've stayed in mediocre accommodations for a greater price. Even though I had 8 rooms, check-in was fast and easy. The young lady at the front desk was courteous and efficient. The lobby is fairly spacious with a hot coffee bar and about 10 tables for the breakfast-- which was much more than a continental breakfast. The rooms were nicely decorated and are more of a mini-suite with a sofa and desk. An actual closet with hangers was a nice touch as well as granite counters in the wash room, a curved shower curtain bar, a flat screened TV and a covered, clean remote control. The beds were comfortable and we did have a working refrigerator, coffee maker and microwave. Wish I had time to use the workout facility and the over-sized hot tub ... room for 10 people! The motel is in a nice-enough area and about a 7-minute drive to Crystal Bridges Art Museum and about an hour from Devil's Den State Park. I will certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: You won't find any rooms with a view if that is important to you, but elevators make it easy to...
1 Thank JulieCirlin
bwcastle, General Manager at Best Western Plus Castlerock Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear: Julie

Thank you for choosing Best Western Plus in Bentonville, AR as your destination for your hiking group. I love that you enjoyed our hotel and that my team took excellent care of you. If I can be of assistance in the future when you return to our area please do not hesitate to contact me.

Matthew Slater

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Pittsburg, Kansas, United States
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I booked the Castlerock Best Western directly by calling the hotel. I am a BW rewards member so I stay at them often and this particular hotel lives up to the brand. We were able to check in early as we got there at 1:30 pm. It is easy to find and has easy access to both Bentonville and Rogers by major roads.
We all had to use the bathroom and the first thing I noticed was a hair on the floor, which belonged to none of us, and grossed me out. It just didn't look as if it has been swept, preferably mopped. This is fairly unusual for a Best Western.
When I called to check on my reservation, I asked if they had a room with three beds as we were three adult women. They didn't. "Well, why is the hotel called an inn and suites then?" I asked. He replied that they had rooms with two queens and a fold-out sofa, but it was all one room. "And that makes it a suite?" I asked. He said yes.
Well, the sofa was placed at an angle in the corner. We had to move a coffee table, chair, and a desk to open it out. It would have been precarious for others to squeeze through the tiny space left for a nighttime visit to the bathroom. After my friend lay on the unfurnished bed (we couldn't find any extra bedding in the room and would have had to call for some), she decided it would be too uncomfortable to sleep on, so we doubled up. So we put everything back how it was. Suite, it wasn't.
We slept late and did not eat the breakfast provided, though it looked like the typical BW spread, nor did we use the pool or hot tub, though they both looked enticing and clean. I have to say the shower was fantastic. Super hot with a great shower head with multiple spray options; no fan though so the mirror totally steamed up. Great mattress and light-blocking shades, which is why we slept so late. Overall a good value for the money.

Room Tip: We were on the very back of the hotel at ground level, and I did not notice any road noise at all.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
bwcastle, General Manager at Best Western Plus Castlerock Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Dear: Lyn S

Thank you for being a loyal Best Western member and for choosing Best Western plus Castle Rock in Bentonville, AR. I want to apologize for the confusion on what our suites have to offer. You were in a standard Queen room the only Suites we have available are our King Bed Suites. Being suites they offer a living room area that is separated from the bedroom. I have spoken with housekeeping to make sure that they pay better attention to detail during room cleanings.

I wish you had more time to use some of our amenities such as our Large Hot Tub and indoor heated pool but I am glad that you had a wonderful nights sleep on our comfortable beds.

If you are in the area again I would love for you to come and enjoy our hotel. If I can be of any assistance in the future please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel.

Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Three Arkansas teachers traveled to Bentonville to enjoy the Crystal Bridges Museum (An unbelieveable collection of fabulous art in a gorgeous setting -- all owned by the Walton family). Using online reviews to aid in selecting a place to stay, we selected this hotel. We were not disappointed -- Lovely lobby with extremely friendly, helpful staff. The decor was quite current with fashionable carpeting and attractive designs. Our room was spotlessly clean and quite comfy -- very good beds! Every ammenity you could need -- even microwave and refrig. We took advantage of the yummy HOT breakfast in the lobby area. The location was perfect for the Museum as well as other points of interest (of course we had to check out the relatively new outdoor Pinnacle Hills Promenade -- shop after shop). On top of all of this -- the price of our stay was unbelieveably reasonable. Don't change -- you have a good thing going!!!

Dear: Lottie010

First of all thank you very much for being a teacher in Arkansas. I am sure that you three ladies deserved a little R & R and I am very glad that we were able to provide you with a great place to stay while you visited Crystal Bridges and enjoyed the shops at Pinnacle Hills. I look forward to seeing you guys when you come back this way. If I can be of any assistance in the future please contact me at the hotel.

Huron, Ohio
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I have stayed at this location before and this time chose it again not only based on my positive experiences in the past, but it was also in great proximity to Northwest Arkansas Regional Airport (XNA), which I was flying into to. Service and room were both again very good and the breakfast area is also a plus. Quiet room and comfortable bed. All a traveler for business or pleasure could ask for. The pool and hot tub area also look clean and inviting. I wish my wife and kids were here to enjoy it. You shouldn't go wrong at this location. Good proximity to many restaurants as well.

Room Tip: The restaurant right next door is close enough to walk to but better avoided. Nothing much to speak...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear: MessNmagic

Thank you for choosing to stay with Best Western Plus Bentonville again. I am glad that my team was able to make your stay a pleasant one and that you enjoyed all of the amenities of our hotel. If we can be of any assistance in the future please do not hesitate to contact us at the hotel.

Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We stayed on the third floor on the west side. Good experience - very friendly staff both in the evening at check-in and the next morning. I really liked the downstairs snack store instead of trying to find change for machines.

Room Tip: The west side overlooks the parking lot if you want to keep an eye on your car.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ozarker2533
bwcastle, General Manager at Best Western Plus Castlerock Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you for Choosing Best Western Plus in Bentonville, AR. I am glad that you enjoyed our hotel and our 24 Hour Pantry. We try to stock our Pantry full of the essentials so you can unwind and relax without having to go to the store. I hope that in the future you will choose Best Western when returning to the Bentonville area.

Benton, Arkansas
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We checked in 2/27/13 and stayed 2 nights for business and 1 night for pleasure for a total of 3 nights. I had called the day before to confirm and was greeted by a pleasant voice on the phone and confirmed exactly as planned. Chad took care of checking us in on the 27th and was a huge help during our stay. he suggested places to eat and attractions in the area. We were checked out by Erich on the 1st and again no problems or charges not expected. Food was good and our room was outstanding. Very clean and neat.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
bwcastle, General Manager at Best Western Plus Castlerock Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thank you for review our hotel. I will make sure and share with my team that you had a pleasant visit and that we are able to take care of all of your needs. I am glad that you were able to enjoy not only our hotel but also some of the local Bentonville restaurants. If there is anything that I or my team can do for you in the future please do not hesitate to contact me directly.