“Good stay once again”

Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Bentonville
Dallas
“Good stay once again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

This is the second time I have stayed here. First was two years ago with the same impressions, a good stay. It is clean, everything worked, staff friendly, rates reasonable, and the breakfast is not bad for free. I missed the evening "tasting" time. I have too complaints which do not take away from my total experience. The first night some one had their TV so loud I could here it in my room. Also the hot water is very hot, actually too hot. My special needs daughter tried to adjust the water temp herself and actually burned her foot with a blister forming. I didn't say anything as I felt I should not have let her try although she had no trouble the day before. I don't know why she did not get out as soon as she felt it too hot. I can't blame the hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
CSBentonville, General Manager at Comfort Suites Bentonville, responded to this review, December 9, 2014
Thanks for posting a review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. I apologize about the water being too hot. After we received your comments our maintenance staff checked out the faucet mechanics and discovered that a scald protector that regulated water temperatures had deteriorated. We have since fixed that problem. I'm glad we made a good impression twice, on visits two years apart.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

This was a good one night stay in Bentonville at a good rate. The room was a nice size for me while staying in Bentonville on business. It was clean overall. The staff was helpful when I needed something and the stay includes "manager reception" in the evening and a breakfast in the morning. The place is located near downtown Bentonville and also by Rogers. The price was uner $75 for one night so no complaints from me. I would visit again when visiting the Bentonville area in a minute.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thanks for taking the time to post a review. I'm glad you found our hotel clean and the staff helpful. We hope to see you on your next visit to the area.
arkansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

We have a room with two queens and a sofa bed. It's clean and nice however there are only 2 drawers plus two in the coffee table- so not much storage for a room that sleeps 6. There's a fold out couch but it's not a sitting area like in some Comfort Suites.

The fold out mattress is awful. No cushioning to it and it's not much more comfy in the couch position.

The breakfast was ok. Some kind of burritos which we all didn't like. Dry muffins and waffles. The biscuits and gravy were not bad. We voted to eat breakfast out instead tomorrow.

We went to the hot tub last night at 8. Big mistake. It was 80 degrees. We were told it was cleaned two hours before (clean the hot tub at 6pm?) and should warm up but we roughed it out till after 9 and it never did.

So far it's still 80 and we've told the front desk once last night and three times (10, 2 and 3:45) over the course of the day today (each time today being told they'd call maintenance).

• Stayed July 2014
CSBentonville, General Manager at Comfort Suites Bentonville, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Thanks for posting a review. I know the hot tub is very important to some of our guests, so I apologize for the hot tub being down during your stay. We had to drain both the hot tub and swimming pool after a particularly busy weekend. At first we thought the problem with the hot tub was that we refilled it with cold water and it had to have time to warm up. When that didn't happen, we did some troubleshooting and discovered that the main control board on the spa heater was out. Fortunately we were prepared for that and had a spare board at the property. Unfortunately that wasn't the only problem, as the gasket for the sand filter also had to be replaced. We didn't have one of those and had to wait until the next morning to pick one up.

While we try to be prepared for all the things that can go wrong, we occasionally run into something that can't be fixed immediately. The hot tub was down for two days and we did refund the guest for a full night's stay.
Tahlequah, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

I must say Comfort Suites definitely made sure we were comfortable. When I checked in the desk clerk said there would be a lot of ball players in the hotel for the night and suggested we stay on the fourth floor where there would be less noise. She also put us on the short hallway away from the traffic to the elevator. We never heard a single person! The rooms were extremely nice with beautiful upholstery on the sofa and a very comfortable bed. We had a delicious hot breakfast, and the staff was ready and waiting to serve your every need. We will be back next year for the NWA LPGA. Great location for the price if attending the LPGA, Walmart AMP and close to the Promenade area.

Room Tip: Choose 404 quiet hallway
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thanks so much for the review. In the past we haven't had a lot of people stay with us during the LPGA tournament, so I hope you spread the word. We are very convenient and not nearly as expensive as the other hotels only a mile away.
Gladstone, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

Enjoyed our stay at the Bentonville Comfort Suites. Super comfortable bed, good breakfast, and quiet, very clean room. Only complaint was the fold-out sofa sleeper being uncomfortable for my daughter, all else gets an A++.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I'm glad to hear your room was clean and quiet, and we hope to see you again.
Kingsport, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

I almost felt sorry for the staff. We were traveling on vacation and the hotel was full of little league baseball players and each one was louder than the next. The hotel was clean, well stocked and friendly. I can't really say quiet and peaceful as these kids know how to have fun. I would definitely recommend this stop for a night or two.

Stayed June 2014
Thanks for the review. The true test of a staff is to see how they respond under stress. No offense to little league baseball teams, but they can present unique challenges. We try to maintain the "keep calm and carry on" attitude to make everything work, and try to save the top floor for guests not associated with the teams when a tournament is in town.
Prairie Village, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014

We stayed at this hotel as part of a bus tour. The rooms are very nice - attractive and functional. The bed was very comfortable and there was a suitable variety of pillow types to choose from. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Our group arrived early and they opened up the Manager's Reception early for us so we could participate in it and still make it to our evening event on time. The food at the Manager's Reception and at the breakfast bar was very good. The pool and exercise rooms are very nice. While I seldom stay at "Choice" properties, I will certainly try to stay at this hotel the next time I'm in the area.

Room Tip: People in our group stayed on various floors and everyone said their room was great.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thanks for posting a review. We're so pleased when we get good reviews from tour groups. Our goal is to be so prepared that you don't waste valuable down time waiting in the lobby or sitting in your room waiting for luggage to be delivered.