“Close to airport but nothing else is close to it” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wingate by Wyndham Bentonville Airport

Wingate by Wyndham Bentonville Airport
Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Bentonville
California
“Close to airport but nothing else is close to it”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2011

Near airport but no restaurants within miles. Isolated. Friendly staff. No hot water

• Stayed December 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2011

This is first time we had stayed at Wingate, Bentonville. For a family stay and travellers loving a calm place away from traffic and crowd, this is the BEST place to stay. I wish I had stayed there for few more days.

Room Tip: Don't forget to enjoy the hot tub after jumping into the pool. Both are indoors.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank binupappachan
Greater Cleveland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2010

If it weren't for an unfortunate incident, I would have given this hotel 5 stars. It is a tremendous value for the price. The rooms are clean and nice. I was disappointed in the service regarding the water being shut off. I went to take a shower at about 10:00 AM and the there was no water. I called the front desk to ask why there was no water. They said a water main broke. The person was rather short with me. No consolation or solution was offered. I was not even asked how my stay was when I checked out shortly after. Had that not happened, I would have been a good stay.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
      Sleep Quality
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Bentonville hotels

Plano, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2009

This hotel was built as the first part of a retail area near the airport. Unfortunately the remainder of the complex has stalled. However it is the only place to stay within a reasonable distance of XNA and the only one that offers a free shuttle service.

My modus operandi is to fly in, get picked up and interview candidates in the conference room the next day. For $85 including tips, I couldn't ask for a more facile arrangement.

The rooms are large with free Internet, the service is personal and the breakfast is free. Sounds like a home run to me.

R. Ternosky, Plano, TX

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Agoura Hills, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2009

My flight to Bentonville arrived about one o’clock in the afternoon. I phoned the Wingate by Wyndham in Bentonville for their shuttle, which arrived within twenty minutes.

The very personable female driver informed me - upon my inquiry about where to buy beer - that we were in a dry county. She said, however, that if the afternoon shuttle driver was not too busy, he might take me over the county line to a store where beer could be purchased.

My quarters at Wingate were first class - king-sized bed with two end tables, desk and chair, sofa, a bureau holding the big-screen television, and a minibar.

Mid-afternoon I inquired if the drive to a “wet” county was possible, being soon informed that Kevin would take me. He picked me up about 3:30 and off we went, having a most friendly conversation during the entire drive.

Had I known earlier that this involved a round trip of a little more than thirty miles over small country roads, I would have passed it up as being too much of an imposition, but Kevin - about forty years old - and I had such a pleasant time that I never regretted it, although he refused to allow me to buy him any beer or to accept a gratuity.

The Wingate provided a marvelous complimentary breakfast, including blueberry muffins and self-cooked waffles. I consumed the latter while taking one of the former to munch upon while driving.

The free hotel shuttle took me about eight o'clock back to the airport, where I picked up a rental car and headed through the Ozark Mountains to the battlefield of Pea Ridge.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank lajollabob
timetrvl
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2008

First of all it is an adventure to find this place in the dark if you are not flying in. I decided to go there the night before from Fayetteville, so I can use their courtesy shuttle for my early morning flight out.
There are absolutely no signs to lead you to the hotel which turned out to be on the other side of the airport. It was completely pitch dark in the surrounding cow pastures.

The staff was friendly, but the room had a hint of smoke (asked for non-smoking), and the comforter did not look clean. The blanket had several cigarette burns.

The "full breakfast" is a self-service buffet with modest offerings.
It appeared that this hotel is primarily used for flight crews on overnight stays at XNA. It is the only game in town if you are looking to stay close to the airport (3 miles). Furnishings are outdated, including the vintage TV and alarm clock. At $104/a night, it was no bargain!

• Liked — wake up call so I can leave
  • Disliked — poor bedding and room amenities
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled solo
      Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2008

We stayed here the night before flying to NYC. Hotel is clean and quiet with a friendly staff. Room was plenty big enough for the four of us. We parked here free for 6 nights and they took us to the terminal and picked us up when we landed.

It is 10 minutes to the nearest restaurant (and anything else) so I probably wouldn't stay here for more than one night.

• Liked — Park and Fly for Free
  • Disliked — Too far from the city
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
      Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)