All reviews green penguins town square contemporary art crystal bridges unique hotel green plastic fun hotel short walk nespresso machine within walking distance on display malin goetz other cities farmers market rooms are modern saturday morning loved this hotel
Selected filters
Reviewed May 17, 2019

What an incredible fusion of incredible modern art and hotel space. I loved this hotel and hope I get a chance to stay again. The art is excellent and the staff is friendly and accommodating. The location is great and we ate at the restaurant repeatedly - always satisfied with the service and the food. I can't recommend more highly

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Emmanuel G, General Manager at 21c Museum Hotel Bentonville, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2019

Dear mollypollywog,
It’s a pleasure for us to know you really liked the 21c concept of modern hospitality, which does indeed combine a contemporary art museum, boutique hotel, and great restaurant, while delivering a superior level of service! All of us thank you so much for recognizing our “friendly and accommodating” team, as well as the creative cuisine in The Hive. We appreciate your very kind words, and we hope we can welcome you again in Bentonville.

Reviewed May 8, 2019

I stayed here recently for business. From the moment we arrived, the front desk staff helped with our luggage, and quickly figured out our names. The room was huge, impeccable, and had everything I needed. I love the bathroom as well. Bed was perfect. Dinner at the restaurant The Hive was superb. Service was first class all around.

The town square is steps away where you can enjoy a wonderful farmers market every Saturday morning.

And of course, there is the art. 21C is a wonderful panacea to the soulless chain hotels of today.

Thank you.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Emmanuel G, General Manager at 21c Museum Hotel Bentonville, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2019

Dear motownman1,
“Wonderful property” and “Service was first class all around” are words our 21c team loves to read after a guest’s visit with us in Bentonville! It's fantastic to know you were impressed with our well designed and appointed rooms and baths, culinary creativity in The Hive, perfect location, as well as our amazing contemporary art exhibits. We immensely thank you for your awesome review, and hope you will choose to stay with the Penguins again in the future!

Reviewed April 27, 2019 via mobile

Love the art! This is an interesting hotel in the heart of Bentonville located conveniently close to Crystal Bridges Museum and its gorgeous grounds. Spacious rooms, friendly staff, good restaurant. Everything about this hotel was great (with one small complaint below).

A shout-out to Blade in reservations who managed to accommodate our group so we could all be together at the 21C.

My only complaint: I like to have tea (& coffee) in my room. Although there is a Nespresso machine provided, I prefer a full 6-8oz cup of brew. Also I am not a fan of this brand of coffee/maker which is the rage in some finer hotels. I travel with my own coffee and cream all over the world and generally have no trouble getting a hot water pot. Although I asked for one at the front desk and they readily gave me the one they had responding, “I think it’s in the back, unless it’s out,” it didn’t work. So, I used three cycles of the Nespresso to heat the water but it was annoying. In a hotel of this calibre which I imagine caters to an international crowd, I’d advise them to stock at least a few working hot pots. After all, this is the home of Walmart!

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Emmanuel G, General Manager at 21c Museum Hotel Bentonville, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2019

Dear LisaB157,
“Fun hotel, well-located, and comfortable” is an ideal description of 21c Bentonville! We appreciate your posting such a nice review and photos, and we are delighted we could accommodate your group. I apologize for the confusion over the kettles, we do have them available for our guests, and I will be sure to remind the team of that. Thank you again for staying with us, and we would love to welcome you again should you return to our area

Reviewed April 20, 2019

Spectacular. We live in New York City and Palm Beach and tend to be Four Seasons Hotel people. One of our friends was flying to Bentonville for the night and wanted some company so asked us to join.....which we did. We had no idea what to expect and were blown away. First, we are art collectors and were surprised by the space allotted to galleries and the curated shows on the lobby floor. Then we were surprised by the sophistication. Of course the people who work here are nice (it's the midwest, everyone is nice) but we were shocked by the way the rooms were designed. We had a King Deluxe which was something we'd have done in our own home..............except the mattresses are better. Then came breakfast room service..........perfect and exactly on time.

We decided to have dinner in the hotel at The Hive and we liked it very much.

When we left in the morning to go to the airport, we found that our plane was grounded because of the weather in Florida. We have the joy of President Trump in Palm Beach so we couldn't fly back to PB and had to fly to Boca Raton. We were told that the guess was that we would have to wait in the terminal for 5 hours and get to Boca around midnight.....so we decided to go back to the hotel and spend a second night.

We laughed all the way back.

We were delighted to spend another night at 21c.......and they put us back in the same rooms and we felt like we were returning home.

I know this sounds ridiculous but this hotel is out of the ordinary......and $250 for the first night and $219 for the second makes it the bargain of the year.

Normally, I'd say "they get it" but this doesn't come close to expressing what a fabulous place this is.

Thanks Y'all.

Room tip: We had a Kind Deluxe Room but it's a newly built hotel.....not to worry
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Emmanuel G, General Manager at 21c Museum Hotel Bentonville, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2019

Dear doug100worth,
Your outstanding statement that “Spectacular doesn’t even come close” fills us with immense pride for what we do each day! Our Bentonville team is ecstatic that you were so impressed with 21c’s concept of modern hospitality, which emphasizes excellent service, creative cuisine, and well-appointed rooms, all in a world class contemporary art museum. We are elated we could make your delay so enjoyable, and we hope you will seek out 21c in your future travels!

Reviewed April 13, 2019 via mobile

One doesn’t even have to walk into the hotel when pulling up to know that this is something different. A vintage car covered with nickels and pennies is parked right on the sidewalk. As you walk inside, one finds fabulous pieces of art both on the wall and placed in the lobby and beyond along with green penguins, their trademark, that are moved around the hotel. A curator is available to give guided tours every Wednesday and Friday at 5 p.m. He is delightful.

But enough talk about the art, as the rooms are attractive too. Spacious with a sitting area, the beds are comfortable, and the bathroom has delicious smelling amenities, a huge shower, and towels galore.

There’s a restaurant for breakfast, The Hive, that is decorated uniquely and has good food. The yogurt is homemade served with granola and berries. I liked it so much that when I ordered it the next day, I was told they ran out and served me ready made with the same honey, granola and berries at no charge. There is a bar where I found people having drinks and eating at night when we returned after dinner.

The staff at the front desk couldn’t be nicer. I called down one early morning to report that I couldn’t find the shower cap, and one was brought up to my room within a minute.

The location is just off the downtown square where excellent restaurants can be found. The Crystal Springs Museum, the main reason to go to Bentonville is just .06 miles away.

For a lovely place to stay, this is the perfect hotel.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Emmanuel G, General Manager at 21c Museum Hotel Bentonville, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2019

Dear NewJerseyWanderlust,
With such an extraordinary and detailed review of your recent stay with us, what more can we say than a profound Thank You! All of us are truly awed by your incredible compliments to so many features of our hotel, and the great service from our team, which make 21c such a special place to stay. We are thrilled with your sentiment, “For a lovely place to stay, this is the perfect hotel.” It would be our pleasure to welcome you again in any city where the Penguins reside!
Emmanuel Gardinier | General Manager