“Goofy queue, but excellent meals”

Lenny's Sub Shop #481
Ranked #78 of 194 Restaurants in Bentonville
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed January 24, 2012

I spent several weeks in Bentonville last year, and I would usually go out to lunch with my colleagues. Our first visit to Lenny's was the day we showed up a McAlister's and found the line there stretching out the front door. So we walked across the lot to Lenny's and tried them out. I don't remember what my first sandwich there was, but once I tried their Philly Cheese Steak sandwich, I was hooked. Reminded me very much of the Pepperjax Philly Cheese Steaks in Omaha.

The only thing I would change about this place is their queue system. You go in and place your order at the front and then work your way to the cash register, telling the cooks how you want your sandwich dressed while you move along down the line. You also pick up your cookie or chips at the same time. Then you pick up your plasticware, pay at the register, and get your drink and sit down to eat. As long as you know this, you're fine. But for the uninitiated, forgetting to snag your cookie, chips, or plasticware can be a real pain as you try to then squeeze your way back into the line to get these missing items. This can get you quite the nasty looks at the height of lunchtime.

Bottom line: I have been back there many times, and it wasn't always my idea (my colleagues were often the ones to suggest going back there because they also enjoyed their food). This has become my fast lunch restaurant of choice in Bentonville.

1  Thank V_B_Z