“Better menu than your average Italian”
Review of Tavola Trattoria

Tavola Trattoria
Ranked #4 of 185 Restaurants in Bentonville
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Siloam Springs, Arkansas, United States
“Better menu than your average Italian”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

My wife and I are big fans of Table Mesa, a sister restaurant to Tavola Trattoria. So we finally decided to give Tavola a try. The restaurant is slightly off the square, but close enough that you can have a nice walk if you are waiting on a table. The restaurant does a priority seating system rather than holding a table for a reservation. I submitted a priority seating time of 6:15pm on a Saturday night, but there was no need on this night. There were plenty of open tables when we arrived. The restaurant filled up around 7pm and there always seemed to be a line after that. But again, if you need to kill some time, the downtown area is a pleasant place to walk. And the tea & spice shop across the street was nice.

We started with the Tavola Crostini (Prosciutto, brie, pesto & fig compote). I was OK, but I'll try a different appetizer next time. My wife had the Crab Mac & Cheese. It looked great, but the portion seemed on the smaller side. She loved it, and has mentioned since our visit that she wants to go back for the Crab Mac & Cheese. I had the House Turkey Meatball sandwich with sweet fries. I haven't had a lot of meatball sandwiches, but this one was easily the best I've had. And I've never had a bad sweet potato fry. I would order this again...but the menu looks very good...several dishes that you can't find at any other local Italian restaurants. So I might try something else next time. We split a Tiramisu for dessert and I had a coffee. The Tiramisu was huge! I don't love sweet stuff, so I only had a few bites. The flavor was nice, but just more than we needed. The coffee was very good. They give you a mini french press.

The only downside really was the noise. It did get a bit loud at times, but we were still able to talk without yelling, so no big deal. I recommend Tavola Trattoria to everyone.

• Visited July 2014

ST louis
“Nice Family Italian”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Dinner was delightful. This is a nice place where you can take your children and feel right at home. Very casual

“Basic Italian”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

Food is bland and not really an exciting menu. Tried a few different options on different occasions. don't have high expectations

Louisville, Kentucky
“Multo Buono”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

It you want Italian, this is the place. We've visited Bentonville to see family for years and never leave this off of our MUST list. Nothing disappoints here....except maybe my waistline after leaving:-)

2 Thank Kathy L
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Nasty -- pass it by”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

We was there Saturday night about 20 minutes before closing -- the Eggplant Parm was burned and most likely the bottom of the pan -- suggest you go to Carrbabbas
we sat at the bar and you should never have a bartender who does know what's on his or her shelves -- he did not know if he had "Sambuca" an Italian stable with Espresso -- he did find a bottle.
Did appreciate the manager coming over to talk to us as the red flags must have gone out.

• Visited July 2014