“I cannot get enough!”

Dining options: Reservations
Austin, Texas
“I cannot get enough!”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

As always, this place is amazing. Great food, great service and a good atmosphere. When you sit down you are promptly greeted, and the best part is just listening to the server describe the food. It makes you want to say "I'll take one of everything," because it all sounds so delicious. I have never tried one thing I didn't like. I have sent many to Tavola, and I will continue to do this. With my job, I constantly am sending people different places to eat, and I have never had one person come back to me sorry that they tried this place. Everyone is so impressed, and I am truly grateful that Bentonville has a place as this to offer!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Gregory B

“Just okay”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Let me start by saying we DO want to go back and give it another try. Unfortunately, we chose Tavola for dinner on Valentine's evening. In my opinion they had booked reservations too close together, and though we were seated promptly at 6:00 p.m., and seated in the worst booth (basically next to the hostess stand and nearest the front door), we had the unpleasant experience of having a constant audience of about 10-12 people with long waits to be seated. And of course, they all observed us eating as well. (I won't even go into the rude customer who stood with the door open allowing a continuous cold blast of air into the restaurant......and his rude repsonse to my husband who quietly and politely got up to ask him to step inside!). Now to the food: The three of us had chosen to order lasagna and rather than choosing individual orders we decided to have the large order (said to be for 4-5 people). There was no way that order would have served 4-5 people unless they at half-sized pieces. We had one small, less than half a piece left (which was box for our elderly friend to take home......she had only eaten half a piece to begin with). The Caesar salad which came with the lasagna was very good and there was a plentiful amount.....some extra for her to take home as well. But again, not an amount expected to servre 4-5 people in my opinion. We also ordered wine, which is sold by the bottle, carafe, or glass. All glasses are $10, carafes are $15, and bottles vary. We are familiar with ordering a carafe of wine, and our experience has been that a carafe is "large". This carafe was the tiniest I've ever seen. There was barely enough wine for each of us to have about an inch in our glasses.......and it was hard to keep enough sips through the beginning bread (served with extremely garlicky marinara) much less for our dinner. Again, more about my own expectations I guess. So, a rather disappointing dinner, but we do want to go again, at a less busy time.....perhaps for lunch on a "normal" day, and insist on being seated away from the front booth.

• Visited February 2013
Fayetteville, AR
“Very Tasty”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

My wife and I had dinner here recently with some frinds in from out of town. I was pleasantly suprised at the variety and quality of dishes. My friends had the Osso Buco and the Ahi Tuna (rare). They were both very pleased. My wife had the snapper special and she loved it. (She is a major foodie and quite critical and wouldn't lie about this.) I was the only one who ordered what one would consider traditional for an Italian eatery, and had the lasagna. Sadly, it was disappointing. It was so heavy, drenched in cheese and a little on the greasy side. To be fair, I have had other pasta dishes here before and really enjoyed it. Maybe I got the last piece in the pan or something. The cocktails were delicios as well. All in all a great experience. The wait staff was exceptionally good.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank jmcgaugh
Dallas, Texas
“Delicious but if you eat later than 6:30 be sure to have reservations”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

The food was delicious. The atmosphere was delightful. Portion sizes were perfect. We all left satisfied but not stuffed. Lasagna very tasty.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Bettina L
Bentonville, AR
“Very good, but pay attention to your bill...”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

My husband and I ventured into Tavola for lunch on a Monday, and our drinks and bread were promptly delivered. My husband had the bail pesto margherita pizza, and I opted for the chicken parmesan panini which came with choice of fries, salad, or cup of soup. I chose the tomato sage soup which was delicious. The sandwich was not what I would call a panini (it was not pressed) but it was good. My husband thoroughly enjoyed his pizza, and I disagree with another reviewer who says the crust does not taste like it is made in house. The crust was delicious. The sweet tea was some of the best we've had in NWA. The bread and tomato sauce served with it were outstanding. The ONLY downside to our experience was that our tab was $27.50.....not too bad for a nice lunch. My husband handed over his debit card, and the waiter returned with the receipt to sign, and the total charged was $33, and a line to add more tip. We questioned the total, and the waiter said it was obviously a mistake and promptly corrected it. Think about it....an additional $5.50 is EXACTLY 20%. It is my belief that this waiter added the tip and was hoping we'd be duped into leaving him more. Don't get me wrong, he earned his 20%....but it should be at MY discretion, not his. Pay attention to your bill when the receipt where you've been charged comes back to the table.

• Visited December 2012