“Stone points and tools!”

Museum of Native American History
Ranked #2 of 23 things to do in Bentonville
More attraction details
Owner description: The Museum of Native American History invites you to "Walk Through America's Past," where we will give you a glimpse into what life was like for America's first inhabitants. The museum is divided into five different time periods that will guide you through the constantly changing lives of the Native Americans, as seen through their artifacts . Our displays feature relics that date from over 14,000 years old to historic times. Come visit our museum and enjoy seeing some of the finest treasures ever created by early craftsmen.Schools and groups are welcomed, call to make reservations. Handicap Accessible
Gainesville, FL
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Stone points and tools!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

Awesome. Most comprehensive collection ever seen. We have a wonderful museum in Gainesville too. We will return soon.

Visited May 2013
monah202, Manager at Museum of Native American History, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Dear Rosemary M,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for our museum. Online exposure such as through TripAdvisor really helps us with advertising, as being non-profit doesn't leave us with much of a budget. We hope we get to see you again soon.

Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
“This is worth a trip.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

I had decided to start touring the state where I was raised: Arkansas. So I planned a stopover at Crystal Bridges and the Museum of Native American History. I was impressed at the depth of coverage and the presentation skills involved with MONAH. I say this about MONAH after I have been through similar museums (the Native American museum in Cherokee, NC and the national Native American museum in DC). If you are touring the area, please give this museum enough time to absorb what they offer.

Visited September 2013
Dear CarolynB,

We appreciate that you took the time to see our museum on your way through your native state! We're glad to hear that you enjoyed it, especially considering your comparison to institutions such as the Smithsonian! Thank you for helping us spread the word about our museum, and I hope you enjoyed your trip through Arkansas.

Bentonville, Arkansas
“Excellent Collection”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

We visited the museum to gather information for my daughter's class project. The staff was very helpful, the collection itself exceeded our expectations. Rather than look at images in a book or online, we were able to observe the actual artifacts in person. The musuem was amazing, and we will be going back. It is a hidden gem and a great learning experience for all ages. I highly reccomend.

Visited December 2013
Dear Kevin S.,

Thank you for taking the time to write us such a nice review. I'm glad we were able to be of help with the school project. In fact, it's great that we have an excuse to point out that we are indeed an educational resource for students of all ages, especially now that we have our Research Library.

Hope to see you back soon,

“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

I absolutely love the museum & my four year old does too! She loves listening to all the information on each artifact! .. which makes the visit extra long... but it's definitely worth it! There is sooooo much to see! The gift shop is also nice to look at and shop in, last time i bought several dream catcher bracelets & anyone who has seen them wants one! Also gotta love the arrowhead search at the end of the tour! My daughter has sooo much fun, she said she feels like an indian herself ^-^

Visited January 2014
monah202, Manager at Museum of Native American History, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Dear Kandi2,

Thank you for writing us such a nice review. It's so nice to hear from repeat visitors (and repeat arrowhead hunters!) as it helps to spread the word that we are always adding to our little museum and there is always something new to enjoy each time you visit. We hope to see you and your daughter again soon!

Bella Vista, Arkansas
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“More Than Expected”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

After moving into the Bentonville area we began to notice local attractions. One of the attraction was the Museum of Native American History. Being Native American and spending much of my time in New Mexico. I have spent much of my life looking and living Native American history. To say that this museum was more than expected is an understatement. It has a wonderful collection of headdresses and beadwork that rival many larger and more well know collections. There is no fee and by the end I was happy to donate money. The museum can be covered in an hour allow a little more time for in depth interest. It is a must see in Bentonville.

Visited February 2014
Dear derbywenz,

Welcome to the area! We always appreciate it when locals take the time to write reviews, as it serves as a reminder that since we are always expanding the collections, we are much more than a "one time" museum. Thank you so much for your review, and we hope to see you again soon!