“World class collection!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Museum of Native American History

Museum of Native American History
Ranked #2 of 23 things to do in Bentonville
More attraction details
Owner description: The Museum of Native American History invites you to "Walk Through America's Past," where we will give you a glimpse into what life was like for America's first inhabitants. The museum is divided into five different time periods that will guide you through the constantly changing lives of the Native Americans, as seen through their artifacts . Our displays feature relics that date from over 14,000 years old to historic times. Come visit our museum and enjoy seeing some of the finest treasures ever created by early craftsmen.Schools and groups are welcomed, call to make reservations. Handicap Accessible
West Jordan, Utah
“World class collection!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

I am the Director of the John Hutchings Museum in Lehi, Utah. So I came to visit both as a guest and as someone with an extensive background in Native American history and projectile points. To say that I was impressed would be the understatement of the century.

The artifacts themselves were mind boggeling. To accumelate such a far reaching and comprehensive collection is impressive enough. But the WAY in which they were displayed was perfect and up to speed with the current century! They were organized both chronologically and regionally. I was blown away by the amount of artifacts from Mexico, Central and South America! I had been unaware that these southern artifacts were on display at the museum. It was a genuine treat to have them in the United States.

Anyone with even the slightest interest in Native American history owes it to themselves to visit this spectacular museum. This is not a mom-and-pop "indian" museum. For those doing research, this museum has some of the finest examples of flintknapping from all time periods in American history. Eveything I could hope to see was there. I can't wait to visit Arkansas again and visit this truly world class collection.

My personal favorite items were the Clovis point collection, the Mayan eccentics and microblading, the gar-fish scale arrowheads, and the bone fish hooks.

Pea Ridge, Arkansas, United States
“Awesome experiences”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

This was a "first time ever" visit to a Museum of the Native Americans/ the visit was reasonably timed with a self-guided tour of videos and extra history provided with remote controls to learn more of the culture in that particular time/ The regalia was gorgeously displayed/ Colors were a big factor...all hand made items /It was very interesting to learn how food was made/a lot of time, patience and concentration put into tool making that were used for fishing and hunting/ not sure if cameras are allowed/ I definitely would go for a return visit...so much to see and learn/ their is also a gift shop available for souvenirs...reasonably priced/

Visited September 2012
Euless, Texas, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Definitely a must-see while in Bentonville, AR”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

My mother and I traveled to Bentonville, Arkansas in route to Eureka Springs to see the Great Passion Play. We had some free time and we came across information about the Native American Museum via the web. We thoroughly enjoyed the history, the various artifacts and art on display at the museum. It was definitely a great way to start our weekend vacation.

Crossett, Arkansas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“wonderful experience.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

this is not a big museum, but is one of the finest I have ever visited (and I have seen a lot). It is set up great, staff was friendly and helpful, and there are some unique displays here. We were there a little over an hour, but I could have stayed much longer and will go back if I ever have the opportunity

Jena, Louisiana
“A rare treasure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

This extensive collection rivals those we have found throughout the USA, Canada and Mexico in its excellent presentation of rare objects, many in original condition. The staff are all very friendly and most knowledgeable. Their new building is impressive. The restrooms are equipped with high tech facilities; and completely tiled in a work of art that looks like a huge sand painting.
It is incredible that this is the collection of one man and is free to anyone.