“Could do better”

Tusk and Trotter
Ranked #7 of 185 Restaurants in Bentonville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Find a Seat. Lose your Tie. American Brasserie. Fun atmosphere. Lounge like atmosphere.
Bentonville, Arkansas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Could do better”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We arrived around 3 o'clock. There was only one other table seadted upon our arrival. As we entered the door the waitress/hostess told us not to touch the door because it had wet paint. This is of course after the fact my wife had it on her hand. WTH? What decent business paints the door during operational hours? We chose simple drinks, my wife a hot tea and myself a coffee. The coffee was so old that I could smell the burnt oils in it; It was at least two hours old. I am a big coffee drinker, so this was the second screw up after the paint. We both ordered the half rack of babyback ribs. The waiter/manager(?) did not ask us what type of frites (fries) we wanted with the order; the menu options listed three different types. The waiter did not ask us if we wanted an appetizer nor if we wanted a side salad to go with our meal. After stating this I got a simplistic side salad which consisted of six bites for $3.00. Not worth it. The cole slaw was quite beautiful but lacking in flavor. The ribs themselves were decent but by NO means fall off the bone good. They were dry. Cooked way too fast at a high temp. As we were eating a black man at the bar continuosly kept turning around staring at my wife. He is employeed there, I believe. As I locked eyes with him he stared at me. The atmosphere to say the least was unprofessional and uncomfortable. We will not give them a second chance. The restaurant has potential, but deffinately lacking in professionalism and class. I was quite looking forward to this first time experience after hearing a young man say it was a pretty good place to eat. I was very disappointed in service and quality of food, but the atmosphere itself was very uncomfortable.

• Visited January 2013

Dallas, Texas
“Good Local fare”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Wasn't sure but SO GLAD we tried this place! EXCELLENT meal and great atmosphere. Neat old wooden bar with wonderful selections of drinks. Entrees - great selection, with a french undertone. Great Service too, casual attire.

Visited November 2012
Bella Vista, Arkansas
“Yummy food!”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Love going here on a date night or even a lunch. My husband and I first discovered this place after roaming around the farmers market on the square. We were hungry for some lunch so we went in here to see what it was like. The people are super nice. The first time we went in there our son was just a couple years old and while we waited at our table they brought him some pizza dough to play with to entertain him while we waited on our meal. They also brought him out I believe it was some bread for us all to snack on. The latest time my husband and I went there was a date night right before our daughter was born. We hadn't realized it was going to be a busy night there and they said we would need a reservation or it was going to be a 2 hour wait. I was at the end of my 9 months and so waiting 2 hours wasn't really an option. They then asked if we were fast eaters and they could give us a table for another reservation that wasn't supposed to be there for 45 minutes. We said we were since we were trying to get everything in, since we knew this would be one of our last date nights for awhile. So they were very accomadating and the food is always good. The waiters know their food too and are great at recommendations. A lot of the food is local too so you support the local economy by eating there. My husband had the chicken and waffles and he recommends it, I had the veggie burger and it is good, a little bland so the waiter recommended something to give it a little kick, which I have forgotten what was added to it, some condiment that really gave it a little more flavor. This is a nice place, would go there in the evening as a couple and during the day with my family, the food is good and staff have always been really nice.

• Visited May 2012
bentonville, ar
“Better off going elsewhere.”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Been here a couple times and its been okay, but went for the Sunday brunch w a friend of mine.
We ordered the house made Bloody Mary w/ ghost chile vodka,which was awesome, off to a good start, after that, DOWNHILL. Not an issue w service, our server was very attentive. An issue w food. seemed like everything was not available, no pancakes, no smoked salmon, no duck pastrami for the benedicts.. eventually we settled for burgers. As we were waiting for our food, we noticed the Chef/Owner (indicated by his dirty shirt) walking out to the bar and standing there watching football several times. When our food finally arrived some 35 minutes later, they were overcooked, and dry. The fries were cold and greasy. Perhaps he should spend more time preparing and cooking, rather than worrying about football.

• Visited December 2012
Bentonville, Arkansas
“I love everything about this place!”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

I've lived in Bentonville for a year, and Tusk and Trotter has become one of my favorites! I take out of town friends here because I know the food, atmosphere, and personnel will be amazing. I especially love the bar; the drink selection and staff are impressive.

• Visited December 2012