“I got what I paid for and won't do it again”

Hilton Garden Inn Bentonville
Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Bentonville
Reviewed July 11, 2007

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn, Bentonville AR, June 15th and June 16th 2007. This was by far my worst hotel experience in quite some time. The walls are paper thin and my floor had many children running/playing/talking in the halls & it felt like they were in my room. The food at breakfast sucked. The sausage was burned, the bacon ran out, the cook didn't know how to make my over-med eggs. Even thou price was low... it wasn't worth it. I got what I paid for. I won't stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled solo
2  Thank SueLo

Reviewed June 11, 2007

We spent one night at this HGI in Bentonville, and our stay was excellent. The rooms have very nice furnishings, and are very clean. All the staff we encountered were friendly. The king beds are awesome!! They have the adjustable controls for soft or firm. The rooms have the microwave and refrigerator, a desk , and a chair w/ ottoman. The A/C is the wall unit, but it is thermostat controlled, and is not noisy at all. The bathrooms are nice sized, and they have great showers. The thing I like best about HGI, is the rooms are so quiet. I love that you don't have to hear doors slamming, and people talking in the hallways, or in the rooms next door. The tv remote is a little confusing to get to the regular channels. My husband accidentally ordered a movie, he called down to the front desk, and they took it off the bill. They actually sent someone up to our room at midnight, to make sure we got it figured out...great service!

We chose the rate that included the breakfast. In the future we will skip the breakfast. We are used to the awesome breakfasts at other HGI, and this one was not that great. Normally they have fresh fruit, several bread choices, and great pastrys (this was canned fruit, the bread choices were white bread or english muffins, and no pastries, only donuts). My husband had a made-to-order omelet, the egg was paper thin, and covered in grease. I couldn't even stand to look at it! He didn't eat very much of it.

The hotel itself is lovely, and the grounds are picture perfect, gorgeous flowers all around...great job to the groundskeepers!! I am giving this hotel the excellent rating, not including the breakfast, because you don't have to eat there. The regular room rate right now is $59.00, but that does not include breakfast. It is $6.99 if you want to purchase it. There is a Denny's across the street, and a IHOP about 2 blocks down.
The room is a great value at $59.00. I have already made a reservation for our next stay, and we are looking forward to another great night's sleep!!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Trvltwo
Reviewed September 12, 2006

I got re-routed to Northwest Arkansas regional airport earlier this week, and was getting in very late, so called Hilton to see what properties were near the airport. They gave me a couple of options, and this was one. Even though it's about 10 miles from the airport, so is everything else. They quoted me a rate of $99 (not bad for a mid-week, last-minute reservation). The Embassy Suites about 3 miles away was twice that (never stayed there, but not sure if it's worth twice the rate).

Anyway, the hotel was nice and clean, the area seemed nice enough, the location was great (right at Walton and 540), and the grounds looked very well kept and was well lit. The staff were very friendly - dealing with me as a stressed traveler, and getting me not only a room, but working to get one that matched my preferences. They also calmly guided me from the airport to the hotel when it was late and dark (the road from the airport into town is pretty rural !). It took about 20 minutes to get there from the airport. Make sure you get directions first, and follow each sign that says "To Bentonville".

Too bad I was there for a very short time - it was a nice hotel at that rate. I did not try the restaurant, but there are two restaurants right next door, a 24-hour Walgreen's and 24-hour WalMart within a few blocks, and a Starbucks right on the other side of the freeway (which you drive under). Great, convenient location with lots of stores, restaurants, etc. very close by.

So, next time I am in the area, will definitely try to stay here, and hope to enjoy everything the hotel has to offer.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank Travel_Reviewer20
Reviewed September 22, 2005

This hotel is very new, with great service and a great price! I stayed here visiting friends for two nights on a weekiend for $49 a night plus tax! The rooms are a bit small, but my family didn't seem to mind. The room was very quiet and clean and had a good workspace with high speed internet.

I will definitely stay here again if I find myself in Bentonville!

• Stayed: September 2005
5  Thank digitalsabre
A TripAdvisor Member
springdale,arkansas
Reviewed August 16, 2005

We stayed at this hotel for a little weekend getaway.This was a wonderful hotel for the price we paid $49 a night.The room had a 27 inch tv microwave,fridge and free high speed internet in the room.It was perfectly clean,no smells no spills no mold,just clean as could be.People at the front desk were very friendly.There are lots of good places to eat nearby.I would definetly stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2005
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 12, 2004

Stayed 2 nights and was very pleased. The only problem was the doors to the rooms slammed shut, so was not as peaceful as could have been. Bed was very comfy. The made to order breakfast was totaly delicious!!!

5  Thank Carla H
A TripAdvisor Member
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed October 1, 2003

Nice hotel. Great location. Very polite and professional staff. Cookies are great and 2 free bottles of water.

I'll be back.