“Good food and service but big problem!”
Review of Table Mesa Bistro

Table Mesa Bistro
Ranked #4 of 193 Restaurants in Bentonville
Cuisines: Latin, International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 24, 2014

My daughter and her family took us to this restaurant to eat tonight. The food and service was good. However, an incident occurred and we were not given an explanation as to why it happened. As a result, I cannot recommend this restaurant.

Toward the end of our meal my ten year old granddaughter went to the restroom. While she was in the women's restroom someone with keys (a male) unlocked the door and opened it. My granddaughter came back to the table in tears. The "so called manager", a woman came to the table and seemed to be concerned and ask some questions, but it was obvious she did not care nor was she concerned who did this or why. I am very angry at the management of this place. I feel they should find out what employee did this and "he" should call us and give us a reasonable explanation as to what happened.

5  Thank Stephen H

Reviewed April 24, 2014

We had been here previously and found the food great but the service slow. Not this time. Both were excellent. The date appetizer is delicious as was the rest of our meal. We did eat early - 5:30 and the place filled up fast especially for a Monday.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

We had really good food here. The chips are unlike any I have ever had, and the queso is quite good, although it was barely warm and we were halfway through our chips by the time it arrived. I had the Kobe burrito which I could have easily shared or taken half home. Our waitress would disappear for long periods of time, most notably, for twenty minutes after she delivered our checks. I would have questioned my check had she been available - the tax on my check amounted to 20%, while my cousins check reflected about 10%, which I believe to be correct. We each had a drink, so I am not sure what happened with that. I have the impression that our service issue may not be uncommon, but food is probably worth it.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

If all you order is the chips and guacamole, your trip to this place will be worth it. Hint of lime, but also a little sweet?? Very curious, but absolutely fabulous. Great value. Lots of specialty items, but I had the salmon, which was great. They don't have reservations, but you can call ahead and put your name in and then you are ahead of the walk-ins. Right on the square in Bentonville.

2  Thank Sue C
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Our family stopped in for dinner on a Friday night. We called ahead to be placed on a priority list, and were seated shortly after we arrived, despite having a group that was larger than we originally anticipated. Our waiter was very friendly and attentive, able to assist us with questions as well as ensuring we never ran out of drinks or the delicious, home-made nacho chips, despite the restaurant being packed the entire time.

Everyone in our group enjoyed their meal, there's something for everyone on their menu, and it's all delicious. The fish tacos are very popular and it's easy to see why. The fish portions are generous, and the flavours are lovely. Great cocktails too!

Despite the trendy atmosphere (it appears to be a popular spot for after-work drinks), the restaurant is VERY child-friendly, offering a separate child menu with VERY reasonable entrées ($4), and the staff enjoyed their presence as much as we did.

We were impressed, and will definitely return!