“Wouldn't return”

Sushi House
Ranked #2 of 193 Restaurants in Bentonville
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We're not from the Rogers area so maybe we need to grade this on a curve compared to the sushi we're used to eating. Apparently some folks like this place. I would describe it as fast food sushi. Tables are small and shaky and close together. Paper napkins. As soon as your butt hits the chair they bring a 4 piece sushi roll sampler. Now, it is nice getting free food but they are clearly totally focused on turning your table as fast as possible. We started with a few pieces of sushi and were glad we hadn't ordered more. Just not that fresh in taste or appearance. The flaming volcano of yellowtail was the high point. It was delicious. The other rolls we ordered were so-so. We didn't finish them and didn't even finish our beer - a first. And the kids teriyaki chicken was poor, they skipped it and just ate rice. Service was efficient in the cruel sort of way. We were glad to get out of there. Would never return here. There are better choices in the area.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We had lunch her after arriving in town and it was good, but not great sushi. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but after reading the reviews, I thought it would be better. I was not a fan of the soup, but the sushi was good, but rather average. I have eaten much better, but not knowing what there is in Bentonville, it was okay, but I would not return. I would instead try a different type of food.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I'm new to sushi, and boy am I glad I came here to try it! I've never been disappointed with the free samples and selections I've tried. And now, I often find myself daydreaming about sushi and my next visit to Sushi House! Let's see...what will I try next?...Maybe the "Ping Ping Girl" roll... Mmmmm...

Reviewed March 14, 2013

This was probably the quickest service I have ever had with sushi, and all the while keeping the quality high. As soon as you are seated, you are welcomed with a sample piece. The many rolls on the menu are varied, and well priced. I visited twice in my week stay for business, and will visit probably on each future trip. I tried a roll that was in a jalapeno, which to my surprise was extremely tasty (and filling) - I probably received 8 or 9 of these pieces. Would be a great one to share. The rolls also come with soup and a dessert of some pineapple and orange. Wonderful meal.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

If it were not for the absolutely best sushi offered, I would keep coming back for the friendly service! I love the Sam's Roll and the traditional California Roll. You are always greeted by the staff upon entrance, seated promptly, and treated like a valued guest. I have never eaten here without being offered free samples of sushi at the table. I have been visiting here for years, along with several other friends and co-workers, and no one beats the value the Sushi House!

1  Thank purrsnickety