“Suburban Inn Stay”

Home Towne Suites - Bentonville
Ranked #21 of 21 Hotels in Bentonville
Reviewed March 25, 2012

I have stayed in this hotel on two different occasions, at two different times of the year. The rooms are clean and accommodating. It is well located to all things in Bentonville. The staff is very friendly and is very helpful in making your stay pleasant. The only down side is that the rooms are not as insulated from other rooms as I would like. Footsteps above and doors in hallways are evident. if you don't mind that, the price is right. I would stay there again and probably will.

Room Tip: To get quieter rooms, choose the very top floor.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank ooooooo o
There are newer reviews for Home Towne Suites - Bentonville

Reviewed January 13, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for two weeks while over from London visiting family. Check in was friendly and efficient, the lady on reception was very pleasant. The room was large, and had everything that we could have possibly needed. You get a comfortable king size bed, a desk, a hanging rack and dresser for your clothes and space to walk around. The kitchen area is comprehensive with two hotplates, full size fridge & microwave, pots & pans and cooking utensils. We didn't do a great deal of cooking but the variety of nice smells from other rooms suggested other guests did.There was a large TV with plenty of channels, a hair dryer and an air conditioner. Outside the room there's a computer and printer near reception for guest use, basic breakfast (if you're early enough), laundry facilities and even a BBQ and picnic table for the warmer months. There's plenty of parking and a side door which you can use once you've got your room key.

Yes, the decor is somewhat basic beige but still attractive enough. Full housekeeping is only once weekly (suiting longer stays) but you can always ask reception for new towels etc. The only problem we had was that for some reason when we booked for two weeks, payment was only taken for one week and we didn't notice. On return to the room after a sojourn to South Dakota we found we couldn't get in - but the receptionist let us in and the problem was sorted once we were able to talk with the manager.

All in all, excellent value for money. We would definitely stay here again. Luxury it is not, but you get everything you need and it is very comfortable.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank absinthe_boy
Reviewed October 22, 2011

We booked a Non-Smoking room 4 months in advance but upon check-in, they had no non-smoking rooms available. It is beyond me how in these days of computer systems which allow you to analyze far into the future, that they could not get this right.
The whole smoking floor reeked of cigarette smoke from the time you got off the elevator.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Ed H
Reviewed October 15, 2011

I really wanted to give this hotel 5 stars. I found it on Trip Advisor and was really excited to see if it was as great as everyone says. I did find it to be the case in most areas - clean, great location, nice folks, everything you could need. Do note that as this is an extended stay hotel, they only clean the rooms once a week. You can exchange your towels anytime you want, however. But I cannot believe how thin the room walls and ceilings are! I heard walking from above as well as people in rooms on either side of me. Unforunately for me, one of the rooms was occupied by a couple arguing all night - yes, 10:47pm, 2:06am, 4:51am, etc. I got very little sleep either night I stayed there. I did not call the front desk as, frankly, I am concerned about doing that and what the people would end up doing when they get mad that they have been called on. But nevertheless, if somehow I could get a room with no one staying in either of the rooms next to me, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Request no one on either side of you.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank FemaleTraveler85
Reviewed August 13, 2011

Stayed here for 5 nights. It was comfortable and quiet and it was nice to have the kitchenette. The bathrooms were clean. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Suburban Extended Stay is the absolute BEST VALUE in area (from Fayetteville to Bentonville) lodgings, costing less and offering so much more! I travel biweekly to Fayetteville/Springdale/Bentonville & this was my first SES experience. In 4 months, I've stayed in the area 8 times for 3-night trips. Every time, I've stayed at a different hotel: not that all were "bad," but the price just didn't match the product. From this point forward, I WILL be returning to SES!

Made reservations online same-day. Arrived late evening after a 9-hour drive on business; Patsy, at the front desk, was a welcomed surprise. She was very friendly & helpful, and most importantly, she was COMPETENT & EFFICIENT! It took less than 3 minutes to check in. (Admittedly, I spent a few extra minutes talking to her because she was genuinely nice.)

Smoking room was super clean, especially for a smoking room: didn't reek of the usual OLD smoke smell in most hotels, which made me think the walls/curtains are regularly cleaned. The kitchenette is complete with full-size fridge & microwave, 2-burner electric range top stove (no oven), 4-cup coffee maker, dishes & cookware, and a sink. Good WI-FI, flatscreen TV with cable. It's really a well-furnished one-room efficiency apartment, not a "hotel room."

Room cleaning service only once a week unless you ask. Not a problem because they provide dish soap & dishcloths to help you keep your mess to a minimum. I noticed while checking out that another guest had left his/her room in total disarray...upsetting because, considering how nice the room was when he/she checked in, it seemed disrespectful to the staff to leave it in that condition. At the same time, it is a true testament to how dedicated this hotel's staff is to making sure YOUR stay will be just as clean & perfect as the LAST guest's.

Room Tip: Dog Boarding Kennel at front of property MAY be noisy; my room was on back side 4th floor, so was qu...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 1, 2011

Rooms are very nice and clean. Flat Panel TVs'. Free WiFi. Full kitchenettes Long lasting Hot Showers. Free Donuts/Coffee Mon-Fri. mornings. Staff are great and very quiet in the hallways at night. No problems whatsoever at this Hotel. I definitely would recommend to others and I wouldn't hesitate to stay here in the future!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business