“Best Western”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Benton
Doddridge, AR
“Best Western”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

Stayed at the Benton Best Western for the first time & definitely plan to return! The staff was very friendly & accomdating. The room was very clean & spacious. Continental breakfast was great & there were some very good restaurants and a movie theater nearby. Requested and received a "non-smoking" room. Room had refrigerator, microwave, big flat screen tv. Check in & check out was very easy.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Frisco
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

Tghey said the hotel was rehabbed in 2010, but they didn't do the handicap rooms. Our habdicap room was stuck in a corner, next to the stairway, which was in front of the door to the room. There was clearly no access to get an electric or big wheelchair thru the doors because of the structure for the stairway. Whomever decided t9o make that room accessabile has no regard for anyone with a dusability. The bathroom was so small, with a door that opened uyward into the livingroom, the wrong way. they barricaded the toilet seat with 2 inch rails on both sides so only a skinny person could get to the seat, and the toilet paper rol was to the left and back against the wall that no one could reach it because they were barricadded in by all the 2 inch bars. The carpet was worm, torn and old. This was outsided of town along I-30 in a huge college town, but still looked lilke the 70s with no improvements, except the rails to try to be ada complaiant, which they are not.
It was a miserable night stay, but we had been driving from Indiana and needed to stop. I 'm a club member od BW, but haven't used it in years because of all the old non updated motels in use. This stp reassured me to never stay in an Best Western again, cutting up my member card before I left.
I can't believe regional managers even approved of the handicapped rooms and non access to them..

As a disabled traveler for 40 years, this has to be one of the worst rooms I have ever been stuck in.
Keep on rolling west if you are outside of Little Rock. Another 30 minutes will yield you more choices and betters rates. zWe had to pay over $80 for that NON accessabole room, that even wasa hard for my non handicapped partner to use. The bathroom needss to be torn out and completely redone. But then again, a corner room with no access should never be used as a last ditch effort to 'comply' wth ADA.

Room Tip: Keep driving.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TheCrazy
Conyers, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

I've stayed at this inn many times over the past 10+ years. I have put my parents and children up in this hotel as well. It's a solid place you can count on.

Regarding some other reviews I see on tripadvisor about this property: This isn't the W in NYC. It's an inexpensive motel in Benton, Arkansas. It's not fancy. The free breakfast is just that, a free breakfast. As long as you are looking for this level of property you'll be pleased.

Room Tip: #116 is loud, as it's right next door to the vending room and anything on the ground floor adjac...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

I chose a hotel in Benton because of the high crime rate in Little Rock. The Best Western had decent enough reviews, much better than others, so we checked in late. The rate was inexpensive and check in process was quick. The room was very clean and tidy, beds were comfortable. We were in a room which didn't face the highway and it was quiet. I can't judge the breakfast because we slept through it. But I can say the restaurant next door, Dan's Diner, was great - and I mean really great.

• Stayed January 2013
Byhalia,MS.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

I was planning a trip to Hot Springs,AR. Mainly,to take the kids to Magic Springs Park. I saw this Inn,25 minutes from Magic Springs. Not a bad drive at all. And they had weekly rates,fit into my tight budget perfectly. With the low price we were pleasantly surprised about how nice the rooms were. Everyone was so kind and helpful with things going on,good restaurants,etc. They always made time for our questions. The pool water was great. Usually a pool is so cold. This was like a babies bath water. Very clean. We had such a nice vacation. The kids had a blast. We were not far from anything. We went to the Arcade which also had racing cars and water boats,an Aligator farm which was right up my kids alley,and digging for Crystle's at Ron Colemans,boy did they get dirty!! The park and water park were fantastic. Best trip we have ever been on. We were there the end of July,2012. I really don't understand the bad reviews at all!!!!! There are very high priced motels,etc. in Hot Springs at 400.00 a night,if thats your thing. I rather stay here and be happy and spend all that money on my children. :) But if your like me,you'll love this Inn!!!!!

Room Tip: We were on the back corner. Very quiet!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

I'm usually not a very picky person when it comes to hotels because we're not int he room for very long, but this place was a dump. The room we were in was supposedly non-smoking, but reeked of it anyway. The room was hot when we arrived and never got cool throughout the night. The breakfast was absolutely horrible. The biscuits were hard as rocks, gravy was like water, and the eggs hadn't been stirred well enough, you could still feel the grit of the powder in your teeth. I would stay anywhere else but this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Marion, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

I stayed such a short time (traveling; checked in at 11:30 pm and checked out at 6 am to hit the road again) at the Best Western Inn that the same employee checked me in and out. He was pleasant. However my room was not. I have high doubts that the carpet was vacuumed after the previous occupant, considering I found sunflower seeds on the floor by the bed / nightstand. Perhaps they were afraid to vacuum too often considering there was actually a section of carpet that had been cut away and replaced in one area. The comforter had some significant wear, but the sheets seemed clean. At that point after a long construction delay on 67 north of Little Rock, I was too exhausted to complain. I only planned on staying until 6 am, anyway.

I also had a terrible time finding the road to the hotel. Because of the construction, you have to immediately turn in to the entrance after exiting the interstate -- which I completely missed. I tried finding a back way in, after taking a side road (trying to avoid re-entering the interstate), but was unable and ended up having to drive down a dark residential road that dumped me near a shopping center north of the hotel. I was able to wind around to the frontage road from there and came back in through the original entrance. Not necessarily the hotel's fault -- but fair warning to travelers, especially coming in at night.

breakfast was subpar, but was set up very neatly, clean, and on time by the lone , pleasant employee.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Benton
Fairfield Inn & Suites Little Rock Benton
#3 of 9 in Bryant
Hampton Inn Bryant
Hampton Inn Bryant
#1 of 9 in Bryant

Been to BEST WESTERN Benton Inn? Share your experiences!