“Very Good for a Buffet”

Abe's Ol Feed House
Ranked #17 of 94 Restaurants in Benton
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 12, 2013

If you enjoy fried foods and buffet style, then you will like Abe's. The fried items are good, especially the catfish (strips, whole, or steak). Ribs have a good flavor, onion rings are delish, and they have a large selection. Be sure to save room for the hot cinnamon rolls... they are really good. Price is a little high (around $16) but includes drink.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

I can't believe that Browns stays in operation with this place nearby. The food is excellent. Is a bit pricey but catfish is a high dollar item these days. We tend to go on Sundays after church because it is cheaper. This is one of those buffets where you kind of have a waitress and don't know how much to tip, that is one thing I don't care for. If I can get up and refill my plate, then I can refill my drink. But that's the way all the buffets are these days.

Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

With the food and especially the price. I have had much better fish at much better prices. And we can afford it.....just don't want to pay that much for catfish. Won't be back until they have a reasonable price.

1  Thank kjswheels
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My wife decided we needed to try Abe's after reading a review in our local newspaper.

They're only open Thursday through Saturday. We figured Thursday would be the less crowded night, once there, we found out Thursday is seniors night! We arrived about 5 pm, opening is 4:30. Already quite a crowd!

Price was reasonable and included drinks and desserts. The buffet was impressive, along with home cooked southern style veggies, the buffet included ribs; baked and fried chicken; frog legs; boiled and fried shrimp; clam strips; fried pork chops; fried catfish fillets, catfish steaks, and whole catfish. Rolls, etc.

Veggie matter consisted of fried okra, corn on the cob, hominy, beans, greens, and more.

Guess I should have taken pictures!

The buffet was kept clean and stocked. We are not big fans of buffets, but this one was pretty doggone good. All the food was well prepared, hot, and plentiful.

If you go away hungry, it's your own fault.

Been to Abe's Ol Feed House? Share your experiences!