“This hotel smelled of smoke. The walls in the room were...”
Review of Super 8 Batesville

Super 8 Batesville
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Batesville
Reviewed April 9, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Michelle G
Tracy U, TripAdvisor Champion at Super 8 Batesville, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2013

Reviewed March 18, 2013

The room was very average. I had a hole in the bed spread. I liked the fact that the room had a refrigerator and it was quiet. Breakfast could have used some help. Cereal and microwave biscuits were the only choice.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the refrigerator and how quiet our hotel is. We are sorry that we didn't meet your expectations and encourage you to reach out to our General Manager, Rebecca Holleman, offline to discuss your stay. I am happy to let you know that we will be starting some updates to the hotel shortly and hope that you'll give us another try after we finish the work.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

I was notified when I got to the counter to pick up my keys that the rooms I got were smoking. I was not told this on the phone hwne I made the reservations. Even then I would think that they would take care of at least a bit of the stench in there. The walls were covered with tar. The bedspreads had burn holes in them. I had to run to Wal-Mart to find some febreze just to stand it. Partly my fault for not asking. Their breakfast consisted of stale cinnamon rolls and cereal. The worst part about the experience was the fact that I couldn't connect to the internet for 99 percent of the time I stayed there. I talked to the person at the lobby about it and he says that they are coming to repair it... which is kind of like the ice machine that also says it is waiting to be repaired. Me and my family will never do business with this company again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank William W
Tracy U, TripAdvisor Champion at Super 8 Batesville, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

I am sorry to hear about your family’s experience at our hotel. Please accept my apology that we did not meet your expectations. We do appreciate your feedback as it’s only with truthful comments that we can better our services. Currently we do offer smoking rooms at our hotel. However, our policy is to notify guests of the room type when they make a reservation. We truly apologize if you were not made aware of it during the process. Were you able to speak with our team about the odor? We are usually able to place an ionizer in our smoking rooms which greatly eliminates most odors. We are surprised to hear your comment about the breakfast as every day we offer our SuperStart Continental Breakfast that includes coffee, tea, juice, milk, cereal and an assortment of baked goods, based on Super 8 standards. In regards to the Internet issues, we certainly apologize as we understand your frustration. You’ll be happy to know we are investigating the costs of upgrading our service. Again, we are very sorry that you didn’t have a better experience during your visit with us.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Robert W

Reviewed February 20, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Glennette C

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I love the pet friendly atmosphere. I love the rooms. Feels like you are at home. Rooms were clean. The beds were very comfortable and clean. The bathrooms were very clean,and the tub is a real good one for soaking in and relaxing. My cat loves playing in it also!!!!
The desk clerks were super nice and friendly. The housekeeping staff was very friendly also as well as on top of making sure I had all the towels and wash rags I needed. They also made sure they got all my trash and gave me more bags. They made certain I was lacking for nothing. My stay was very comfortable.
I thank you Super 8 for a wonderful place to stay, and I will most definately be back to stay with you.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time out to write this review. We are proud to have provided you with “home away from home” hospitality here at Super 8. We will pass on your wonderful comments to our staff and management team, We certainly look forward to hosting you again on your next visit to Batesville, AR.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Well, except for that crazed wild looking desk clerk that's always super prepared for total complete anarchy to occur at any moment, management and staff are top notch. Rooms are immaculate and the breakfasts are great. Also you can't beat the rates witha stick. Needs a swimming pool though. And a wet bar would be nice.

• Stayed: November 2012

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate the pickle! We’d love to offer our guests a pool, however there are no plans for one at the moment. We will continue to offer clean, comfortable accommodations and friendly service at great rates. Thanks again for your comments – look forward to having you with us again when you visit the area.