“Average/acceptable”
Review of Super 8 Batesville

Super 8 Batesville
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Batesville
Reviewed April 16, 2012

There is nothing special about this hotel. Positives: Reasonable rate, easy check-in and check-out, convenient location, strong wi-fi, bed was comfy. Cons: dingy carpets, stained towels, dated bed linens, the breakfast area is really tiny and there was no room for more than a few people, and our soap/ice bucket liner were not replaced after the first night. Really it's a $50/night and under hotel, don't expect much and it's a value.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Tracy U, TripAdvisor Champion at Super 8 Batesville, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2012

Thanks for taking the time to provide us with some feedback about your stay. We realize we are not the newest hotel in the area. We work hard to offer clean, comfortable accommodations and friendly service at reasonable rates.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

We spent a couple of weeks here while on business. The room was clean, housekeeping did a great job, everyone was very friendly and accomadating. This is economy lodging, and that is what you get. The bed was comfortable, microwave and fridge in room, as well as a room safe. Rooms are accessed from inside, which we value as a safety precaution.The company offered to have us stay next door at the Ramada, but we chose to stay here, and were well pleased. So pleased in face that we are about to go back to Batesville for another month on business and have already reserved our room here.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

Thanks for taking the time to share your comments with other travelers. We take pride in offering warm, welcoming accommodations with all the basics. Glad you had a good stay with us and we appreciate your business.

Reviewed March 11, 2012

My job sent me to Batesville to work on their new water treatment plant. They put me up at the Super 8. I was greeted with a smile and wonderful service from the day I arived. Housekeeping has done a great job on keeping my room clean, sheets changed everyother day. The Front desk staff have been great. The General Manager Has gone out of her way to make sure my stay here is perfect.I thank all of them for their service. What a great bunch of people.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business

Wow! Thanks so much for the wonderful comments. We look forward to having you stay with us on your next trip to Batesville.

Reviewed August 19, 2011

We stayed at this motel for one night, there were stains on the sheets that looked like blood, I saw the housekeeper in the hall, she looked at the stains & said they were rust, she changed the sheets, these sheets also had stains that looked like eye makeup, she said they were ink & that she didn't have anymore sheets. The recliner had a deep impression in the cushion about 6" deep, they had a bed pillow laying in the hole. The next morning all they had for breakfast was sausage & biscuits, and cereal but no milk for the cereal.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Rebecca H, General Manager at Super 8 Batesville, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write this very valuable review. Your feedback is greatly appreciated as it gives us an opportunity to evaluate ourselves and address our shortcomings where neccessary. We apologize for the recliner issue in the room. The Head Housekeeper discovered this upon your departure. You will be please to know that our Maintenance Department replaced the damaged recliner immediately. In relation to the sheet issue, we take cleanliness very seriously and invite you to contact the General Manager of the property directly to discuss this matter further. We are always striving to improve our breakfast. Since your departure we now label our Milk Container to make it easier for our guest to locate. I sincerly hope that you enjoyed your overall stay and I hope that you enjoyed our beatiful town of Batesville Arkansas. I believe your next visit with us will be absolutely perfect.

Reviewed November 2, 2009

We went to this Hotel for a stay in October. I will never stay there again. The rooms say non-smoking, but they all stunk like smoke. It was horrible. There were burn holes from cigerettes in the blankets, when you shut the doors they slammed. At like three in the morning, we were woke up by multiple door slams. The front desk attendent was nice. The breakfast was not great. We had expired honey buns. Thank goodness that there were vending machines. The location was okay, but not great.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
CarolMakoui, General Manager at Super 8 Batesville, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2009

I deeply regret the dissatisfaction with your stay at our Super 8. We strive to provide award winning service and it is apparent that we did not provide that to you.

I do apologize that you were inconvenienced by the smoke smell, breakfast and slamming doors. We have taken steps to ensure that these issues have been corrected and again I apologize for any inconvenience cause from these issues.

It is our goal to ensure all our guests leave our hotel happy and satisfied. We hope that you will give us an opportunity to impress you in the future. Thank you for the feedback and we would love the opportunity to win your patronage back.

Reviewed September 23, 2009

I enjoy staying at the Super 8 in Batesville more than any motel I stay in and I'm in one 5 nights a week at different locations. They are my favorite. They go the extra mile and allow my weenie dog to stay with me which makes it feel like home. I hope all of you the best and keep up the good work!!!!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
CarolMakoui, General Manager at Super 8 Batesville, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2009

Thank you for your recent stay at our Super 8. It is our goal to ensure each of our guests has a great stay.

Thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor to let other guests know of your experience at our Super 8. We look for to your next visit to the Batesville Super 8 and providing you with continued happiness and satisfaction on your future stays.

Reviewed April 13, 2008

I had been working at UACCB's Renaissance Days until after 10pm and sought out Super 8 on a friend's recommendation. The clerk who checked me in was friendly enough, but had a hard time finding an empty room for me. Due to an ankle injury, I walk with a cane, so I asked if he had a downstairs room available. First he said he did then he didn't. I asked where the elevator was and he said there was no elevator. I asked if there wasn't a law that multi-floor motels have to have an elevator and was told by the clerk "the owner says we don't have to have one".

The room itself was clean and quiet, but the clock radio only picked up 3 stations: C&W, Hard Rock and religous (I was hoping for NPR). The bed was comforatble and the pillows were decent.

The shower had plenty of hot water though the bath towels were somewhat small and felt like sandpaper. The shower curtain didn't close right, so water spilled all over the bathroom floor making the vinyl tile slick and hazardous.

The breakfast selection was halfway decent with 2 kinds of juice, coffee, bagels, donuts and 3 kinds of cereal. Only thing I could have wished for was sausage biscuits.

There was no one at the Front Desk when I was ready to check out and I had to call the hotel operator twice to get someone to show up. There was a minor hassle over the "optional" charge for the room safe as the clerk told me I had to pay it. Yet, the fellow who checked me in told me it would be taken off my bill upon request upon check-out.

All in all, not a bad stay. But next time I'll make a reservation so I can get a ground floor room.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Batesville
Ramada Batesville
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Batesville
Fortune Inn & Suites
Fortune Inn & Suites
#1 of 3 in Newport

Been to Super 8 Batesville? Share your experiences!