“Nice place, nicely priced.”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Batesville
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Batesville
Reviewed May 11, 2014

This hotel is in a good location. Very nice, very clean rooms. Breakfast is provided. Indoor swimming pool, which the kids loved. No complaints. Just be sure to reserve non-smoking room if you are not a smoker!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
General M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Batesville, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2014

Thank you very much for staying with us and sharing your experience.

We have few smoking rooms only on our 3rd floor.

We look forward to your next visit and assure you a room on a non-smoking floor.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

My husband, son and I stayed here two nights.

Pro: They have an indoor pool and hot tub.
Con: The pool was too cold one night, and the hot tub was lacking jet pressure. The towels were also in low supply.

Pro: They serve breakfast. They had biscuits & gravy, eggs, sausage links, pancakes, and cereal. I didn't try the coffee but noticed it was available all day. They do offer trays to load up and take back to your room if you wish.
Con: Breakfast area is small with minimal room to work around others to get what you want.

Pro: The rooms were nice with a microwave and refrigerator - major plus for my fam. The heat and air worked well in the room. It is not controlled by a thermostat like most major hotels do now. The bathroom size is nice - mirror across the whole vanity. There is also a coffee pot in the room with options to brew coffee or tea. No problems with the toilet or shower.
Con: No major con here; only thing I can think of is the floor seemed to creak or settle when you walked across certain areas.

Another con I would just make mention of is it seemed like the hallway on the floor we were on reeked of smoke the whole time we were there; not make you choke your lung up bad, but definitely noticeable.

The other major pro for this hotel was the front desk staff. Each person that I dealt with from check-in to check-out was very polite and eager to help out however needed. If ever having to stay in the Batesville area again, I would consider staying here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
General M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Batesville, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Thank you very much for bringing to our attention, the areas which didn't meet your expectations.

We shall sincerely work on those areas and strive to meet every guest's expectations.

We welcome you back to check on our progress.

Happy Holidays.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

It wasn't awful, but for $100/night it fell short in several ways. The wife and I stayed Thanksgiving night. We had our niece and nephew with us at check-in, was going to let them swim. We were not allowed to have a single king room even though the kids weren't staying. The guy said their insurance wouldn't allow it??I travel for business +250 nights a year and this was new one on me!
They had no extra towels, the pool area needed cleaning, and the pool had so much chlorine, we decided not to let them in it. The beds/pillows are good, but bathrooms need work. The towels are cheap and in short supply. No water pressure, hot water didn't last.The breakfast was nothing special, except for cinnamon buns, tasty! Check out time was noon, they started knocking on door about 10 and calling at 11:30. My biggest complaint, and it kinda sums up the attention to some details they are missing-Went to make coffee in the room, it had a pod of coffee in it that was there long enough it was fuzzy green!!!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank sssmak10
General M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Batesville, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Thank you very much for bringing to our attention, issues experienced by you.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

We have discussed this with concerned staff and having them pay extra attention to details to ensure better experiences for all guests at all times.

We would like to have you come back and check on our performance.

Happy Holidays.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

I stayed 3 days. Bed and room were nice. My room was not made up between my 2nd and 3rd night. The work out room was small and just one treadmill. Breakfast was pretty basic, banana, oatmeal, or cereal, some premade eggs and bacon. They did comp me 20.00 since they did not clean my room one night. I understand things happen.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
General M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Batesville, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

Thank you very much for your review.

We shall definitely try to improve in the areas addressed by you.

Welcome back and Happy Holidays.

Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

Came to town for our sons wedding. The hotel, staff, and room and BED were excellent for our six days. Everyone was friendly. Breakfast in the hotel was small but tasty. Ate out most of the time so sad to see that most restaurants around the hotel were closed down. Being a dry county was frustrating. Having to drive back out of town by an hour to obtain beer was not appreciated. Especially after a long days drive and wanting to relax. We will definitely stay at this HIE when next we visit the new family.

• Stayed: October 2013
General M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Batesville, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Thank you very much for your stay and compliments.

Our staff is highly motivated by you and we look forward to see you soon.

Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

The hotel looked nice enough and the front desk staff was friendly but it had some negative attributes. First and probably the biggest reason I will try another hotel if I return to this area is the smell of the room. I stayed here with a co-worker and she had the same issue. The room had a smell or what I can only describe as rancid bubblegum. It hit me as soon as I walked in the door and the same for my co-worker. I obviously got used to it, but it was very strong for quite some time. Breakfast was ok, not much selection. Also, I asked for toothpaste and the clerk advised they didn't have any (they had run out). Me leaving my toothpaste at home clearly isn't their problem, but was surprised they didn't have any. She was very apologetic and gave me some other "swag" to make up for it so I can't say anything negative about the staff. Overall, it just didn't live up to the price and I will likely try a different location if I make it back to Batesville.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank rcoolman1024
General M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Batesville, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Thank you very much for staying with us and bringing up the issues.

We apologize for the inconvenience and have attended to it.

We request you to visit us again and assure you of our best services.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

I recently visited this Holiday Inn Express while attending a Christian ladies' conference in Ash Flat. I was with a group of 6 women and reserved 2 double bed rooms on-line about 6:00 pm prior to our 11:00 pm arrival at the hotel. The clerk that checked us in asked me to sign the check-in sheet and I did without checking the rate printed on the sheet. That was my fault for not checking it; however, the next morning I checked the sheet under my door and noticed I was charged $10 more than my confirmation email. I went down to the clerk at checkout and very nicely showed the clerk at the desk my email and asked why I was overcharged. The clerk said that I brought 3 adults to each room instead of the standard 2 adults allowed in the room. I told the clerk that I did put 3 adults on the reservation and the check-in clerk never mentioned the change in rate from my confirmation. He became very hostile and rude and said "maybe next time you should read the fine print." This behavior is not acceptable. I am a priority rewards member and have never had a bad experience at a HI or HI Express. In fact, I this night was my 5th night stay at a HI in the last 2 weeks. I have never had such bad customer service at a hotel. There are other places in Batesville to stay with much lower rates and comparable hotel. I would not use this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank twnzmom22
General M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Batesville, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Thank you very much for staying with us and for your comments.

Apologies for miscommunication and inconvenience.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Batesville
Comfort Suites Batesville
#3 of 5 in Batesville
Fortune Inn & Suites
Fortune Inn & Suites
#1 of 3 in Newport

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Batesville? Share your experiences!