“Slow service and cold food”

Foothills Eatery Wine & Spirits
Ranked #126 of 251 Restaurants in Yuma
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Yuma, Arizona
“Slow service and cold food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2012

While I've had good service in the past, with the influx of winter visitors it appears they were overwhelmed by the popularity of their all you can eat fish on Fridays. After a 15 minute wait to get seated, which wasn't too bad, things went downhill from there. While drinks were quick, it took some time to get the order taken. Salads also came quickly after the order was taken but we had been there an hour and still only had a little lettuce and ice tea. We started to get a little frustrated when we watched one couple, who had ordered after us, leave upon completing their meal. We waited some time after that before receiving our food. When the food arrived I was short tartar sauce and the waitress quickly spotted that and offered to bring additional tartar sauce. Never saw it. Meal came with a choice of potato. My baked potato wasn't warm enough for the butter to melt. My wife was never offered a refill on her ice tea even though servers passed the table a number of times. Meal is also supposed to come with a desert but we also weren't asked if we wanted desert even though the server taking the desert order and delivering deserts walked by the table three times. There was no chance of getting seconds on the fish unless you had a lot of time to kill waiting for it. An adjacent table had waited for a reorder of fish for more than 20 minutes and still didn't have it when we got up and left.

I won't be back on any Friday and probably at no time during this winter season.

• Visited January 2012
2 Thank Chip A

GREELEY
“Good food, good service, good value.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2011

We eat there OFTEN during the winter months. You get a lot of food for the price. They have daily specials. Their rice pudding for dessert is YUMMY.

If you get a bad meal or server, speak to the owner. Don't let it slide & write a complaint. You should not be happy with a cold meal. Tell the owner. Maybe a server is having a bad day.... or maybe he/she neds a kick in the pants. Tell the owner. It's your money, and your dining enjoyment. We really like the Eatery and want them to profit, but only if deserved. So tell the owner.

And order your rice pudding dessert before they run out!

• Visited November 2011
2 Thank LINDA S
yuma az
“good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2009

loved our food there we had the filet steak which was one of the best i have ever tasted. great staff and family owend.

2 Thank hotstuffed
Foothills
“Very unwelcome!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2009

My wife and I went there based upon a recommendation of a friend. First, the front door is NOT clearly marked. Second, we were seated by the bus boy (nice young man!). The waitress FINALLY came. Didn't really listen... or seem to... I ordered the filet "medium rare" it came out well done! She didn't get the orders to the right person (now there's only 2 of us!) twice. Instead of appologizing for being out of baked potatoes she just asked, "Fries or mashed?" The salad was good, along with the soup but the main meal was very late and not of good quality. When we checked out the "manager" was the cashier and she was berating one of the employees in front of us and another customer.
She handed me by bill to sign and said, "My copy... your copy." When I signed it, she flipped it into the register and slammed it shut so she could go after the aforementioned employee!
I felt unwelcome... a bother... and quite embarassed!

I'm a resident of the foothills and I'll never, ever go back to this restaurant!

California
“A great place for burgers and sandwiches”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2009

I took my family on a long road trip. On our way back home, I saw an exit as we came into Yuma from the east. It was called Foothills. As we came off the freeway, there was this restaurant called Foothills Eatery. Even though tired we went inside and ordered burgers and a sandswhich. We had had our fill of the worst food on this trip and we were so delighted not only at the super friendly service but also the food that arrived. Hot and fresh. It was great and our children who gave us food problems along our trip, were eating and happy. I recommend this place to anyone looking for good homestyle food.

3 Thank gfreakusa