“Great night sleep”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Arizona City, Arizona
“Great night sleep”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stopped as we were passing through and wow, the gentleman at the desk was very helpful with questions and pleasant about it and when we walked into the room we could not believe what we had for the price paid king and queen beds, couch, table and bar. We would defiantly stay here again

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
ChristiGibel, General Manager at Best Western InnSuites Yuma Mall Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
In reviewing the comments, I see that your post was never answered. I arrived as the manager after you stayed but still would like to take this time to thank you for taking time to post about your stay here at the hotel. If you would ever need assistance, please contact me directly at cgibel@innsuites.com or call 928-783-8341.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Finnish first
Santa Clarita, California
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel in a one bedroom suite and was absolutely shocked by the lack of management, customer service and sanitary conditions. During our first day of a 3 night stay, my daughter discovered what she said was a "poop" in the pool. I didn't believe her so we fished it out with a plastic bag and sure enough...poop. We immediately called the front desk and were told that they would look into it. An hour went by and nobody arrived at the pool to check on it so we called again and were assured a maintenance person would be checking on it. An hour later, still nobody so we called again. I was told that the PH was checked and it was OK. Ironically, I could still see one of the "poops" at the bottom of the pool and the other was still in the plastic bag on the trash can where we left it. We must have missed the "maintenance" guy even though we were sitting there. Other kids kept swimming as nobody from the hotel ever notified them of the "issue". When I called and asked for a manager I was told they would get back to me. Front desk called back and said they spoke with the manager and everything was OK since it was determined it came from a dog and not a human. What?? Apparently maintenance is an expert on feces and one is ok and the other is not. Either way I can confirm they neither saw or checked the bag or remainder in the pool. I have video showing both. At this point I called the 1-800 customer service line which checked with the hotel and was assured everything was checked out and it was OK. When I told them that it was still there, customer service (Josh) said that I would have to file a complaint and he would have to notify the front desk of my name and room number or the issue couldn't be looked into further. I can't believe they have to throw an existing customer under the bus to look into a health violation further. The manager, Curtis, did eventually call me to say that everything was OK, it was just dog poop and the pool was fine. He offered no apologies, no confirmations, etc. In fact he was not on site and didn't appear to have the ability or interest to get to the property to check it out. I asked him to look into it further as our party (with 2 kids) couldn't use the pool and to call me back. Never received a call back the entire time I was there from Curtis, Josh or the front desk. Shame on this hotel and Best Western. "Stuff" happens, it simply depends on how you handle it. You failed. You have lost me as a customer and hope others take note. There are dozen of hotels within a mile radius of this hotel, I would strongly suggest checking those out first.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

2 Thank socaltraveler794
DarylSorbo, Manager at Best Western InnSuites Yuma Mall Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay with us. We apologize that we did not meet or exceed your expections and that your stay was not satisfactory. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to better serve you when you return to Yuma.
Modena, Italy
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I arrived in Yuma after a long car trip from Grand Canyon along wonderful arizona landscape. I was very tired and my gps chose this Best Western for me.
It was a good choice .
It's a beautiful motel, clean, with large room and a superb breakfast included.
it's located in a large commercial park where you can find a lot of shop (but most of them open at 10 am) and restaurant.
The Front Desk was friendly.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for posting comments about your hotel stay. I apologize that no one responded last year when you were here but as the new manager, I assure you that I am working hard to acknowledge every guest and we want you to know that you are appreciated. If you ever need to contact me, email me at cgibel@innsuites.com or 928-783-8341.
Yuma, United States
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Clean , great staff wonderfull place to stay when in Yuma, AZ. The location to our planned event was right down the street. They offered door to door service. This was truly a pleasure to stay at this location due to the excellent staff and over all cleaness of this location.

Jacksonville, North Carolina
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights I did have one problem the A/C in the room went out so when I said something to them they moved me to a upgraded room. It is right next to the interstate and their is 10 places to eat within a half mile.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Z7200VYshanec
Santee, California
Reviewed August 5, 2013

The staff and accommodations were tremendous, the room, space and location are a great value, the rooms are clean, the staff is courteous. The surrounding location has plenty to do and many dining choices.

1 Thank clark33058
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I've stayed in Yuma at least 2 dozen times, and this hotel is the best one I've ever stayed at. Love the courtyard and whirlpool, and their breakfasts are fabulous, including hot selections and Starbucks coffee. Rooms were clean and comfortable and the staff was wonderful. And they are close to Sam's Club gas station. (I returned for a stay and had a problem with a room, and they were quite gracious and worked it out to my satisfaction. I understand problems can happen but not all hotels really address the issues or are nice about it ...this place did everything right.) As long as they keep this up, I won't be staying anywhere else in Yuma, EVAH!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo