“Super Nice Room!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Glendale, AZ
“Super Nice Room!”
Reviewed May 24, 2012

If one of the Presidential Suites is available, grab it! Very attractive and accomodating. Comfortable living area with seating for 6, nice dining table for 4, an actual stove top, microwave and a large refrigerator. My wife loved the jacuzzi tub. We even had a balcony with comfortable chairs. The bed was great and everything was very clean. We had a fun crowd at the pool, and the free breakfast was very good and the coffee was top notch. We will definitely stay here on our next visit to Yuma.

Room Tip: If you are staying for a while or having visitors in your room, the presidential suite is the way to...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
ThomasHall, Manager at Best Western InnSuites Yuma Mall Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, May 25, 2012
Thank you, Hapecamper for your review! We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Best Western Plus InnSuites Yuma and loved your room! Hopefully we'll be seeing you again soon!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Finnish first
san diego
Reviewed May 7, 2012

When you tell people you are going to Yuma they wonder why. The room I had at this hotel could be a reason. I got one of their newly remodeled Presidential Jacuzzi Suites and when I walked into the room my jaw dropped. The colors they chose were warm and inviting browns and beige. There is a couch in the living room that I believe makes into a bed and two large comfy arm chairs. The huge flat screen tv attached to the wall was where everyone could see it. The kitchen area has a stove, fridge, microwave, coffee maker, large granite countertop and bar, dishes, pots, utensils, two bar stools, beautiful cabinets and fixtures. In the dining area is a table for four, perfect for meals or games. I walked into the bedroom and was excited to see that the Jacuzzi was right in the room and the tile and lighting was beautiful. If you are going to get married in Yuma this room could be your vacation! ;) The bed was so comfortable and there was another large flat screened tv on the wall in there. Right outside of the bedroom is a balcony that could easily fit 6/8 people. If you are headed to Yuma, or if you want to get away to a warm climate, you must check out this hotel. There is a social hour that gives you complimentary beer or wine with appetizers, the breakfast is also included in the rate. It is walking distance to a mall and restaurants. I was blown away by the room I got here and I know you will be too!

Room Tip: Ask for the newly remodeled jacuzzi suite. They offer some discounts, aarp, AAA etc.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
ThomasHall, Manager at Best Western InnSuites Yuma Mall Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, May 24, 2012
Thank you, thank you, thank you for your gushing and wonderful review of our hotel, paulala!!! We are so happy that you enjoyed our stay with us! Hopefully you come back and see us again soon!!
Alberta
Reviewed March 1, 2012

The receptionist at the front desk was on the phone when I entered the lobby. She continued her call without looking up at me, continued on the call for over 5 mins without looking at me. Very impersonal, looked up my reservation and gave me the keys. Did not seem to enjoy her job at all. Finding our room was confusing, finding a way to park nearby was not possible. Very dated, sidewalks need replacing, crumbling and uneven. Room dated looking , dark carpet, old furniture, the coffee table still had ring mark on it from a glass, spots from the polish that was applied but not rubbed. Bed was very comfortable however, noisy fan, and the room's in ground jacuzzi rumbled noisily. One of the bonuses however was that I did get the room free using my points and that there was free 20 mins long distance calling. I was told there was unlimited long distance to US and Canada provided I hung up before the 20 mins was up . I made good use of this freebie.
Noon check out was nice too, they allowed me to store my luggage for later pick up , convenient to walk to the Yuma Palms Mall. Breakfast was good but not nearly enough seating for such a large hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room where you can park you car nearby .
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hartsoupAlberta
Thank you for your review, hartsoupAlberta. We appreciate all comments about our property and will use them to continue to better ourselves. We're glad the free long distance was a great value to you! As we are about half way thru our remodeling process, hopefully you will come back and enjoy all the updating we've done to the property.
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed February 10, 2012

I stayed here just for a night during my cross country trip, in order to shower and catch up on my sleep. I got all I asked for: Great location, clean rooms, comfortable beds, and free breakfast. It was about 15$ more expensive than most other Best Western's I have stayed in around the country (still cheaper than many hotels in the area though) so I have to give a 4 for value.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank tolga7t
Thank you for your review of our hotel, tolga7t!!! We hope to see you again if you are traveling the country again and are in our neck of the desert!!
Narberth, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 6, 2012

In 40+ years of travelling, from the simplest cheap motel to the Lapa Palace (Lisbon) and Cipriani (Venice), this was by far one of the worst hotel experiences ever. The reservation (along with one for my in-laws) was made many weeks in advance. When we checked in Thursday night I was told that they could not honor the location (floor) I requested, nor would they have a close-by room for my elderly in-laws. They had only two rooms left, hich one did I want? The room and the entire property was "tired" and showing its age (as am I admittedly). The facility was looking wornand in need of a facelift even for just a BW. The price was not that cheap to warrant the worn out look. The front desk clerk was cold, and uninviting, though competent. She told me that they only had two rooms left so I "should be grateful" that I had a room with a king bed" as all the other hotels in Yuma were booked solid. (I later checked and that advice was untrue.) The first day (Fri.) at about 11:00 a.m. while I was running an errand my wfe called from the room to tell me that just as she was finishing her shower ALL THE WATER STOPPED. Had it happened 2 or 3 mins. earlier, she said, she would have had shampoo in her hair; luckily she had just finished rinsing. She tried to hit the "desk" speed dial button on the room phone: no response. The phone was dead. The same for the housekeeping button, etc. I used my cell to call the hotel phone number and the front desk clerk told me that she was sorry about the water turn off; that there was nothing toworry about it was just regular maintenance and they had to replace a valve and that required turning off all the water on site and they figured around noon would be the least disruptive time. Why ddn't they give each room a notice slipped under the door or whatever advising them so that people were not caught off-guard? I also told her about the dead phone and she said she did not understand that problem. My wife told me that 5 minutes later a maintenance man knocked on the door unannounced (while she was dressing) to look at the phone, and told her that many of the room phones' speed buttons had become unprogrammed and she should just dial "0" if she wanted the front desk in the future. One can only imagine the telephone fright and chaos if there were a bona fide emergency. Repeatedly the room card did not open the electronic door lock and I had to walk to the front desk for help; the fix was that the front desk had to produce two new key cards. After the water fiasco, my wife and I went out to lunch at the local shopping center and returned about an hour later to find that the room still was not cleaned. When no housekeeper appeared after a couple of hours, I called the desk and was told that the housekeeping staff was gone for the day so we wouldn't be able to have the room cleaned until the following day! The first thing I did was cancel the reservation at this place that I had made for my in-laws and called to book them elsewhere. The Holiday Inn a 1/2 mile away was exactly the same rate and contrary to the surly clerk's advice, had availability. Since we had early dinner plans with our daughter (who lives in Yuma) that night and it was past check-out time, we did not check out and stayed the nights we booked because we did not want the hassle of repacking, etc., I asked the desk clerk that I wanted to speak to the manager and she said she would give him the message. I had expected a call back, but none came until I returned to the east coast at the end of the week. The bitter taste in my mouth remains. I will note that the housekeeper (when she came the second day) and the person who cared for the breakfast station / snack bar were both very hospitable. The family "joke" now is that the chain must be going through a clever re-branding campaign and will be calling themselves "WORST WESTERN," which is what we refer to whenever we speak about the chain now.

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel. There are at least five comparable ones (Holiday, Radisson, Hampton, Mar...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank PortugueseLover1
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed January 15, 2012

My wife and I spent 5 nights at the Best Western Plus in Yuma, while she was getting dental work in nearby Algodones, MX. The motel is conveniently located, just off Interstate 8 by about 5 minutes, in the La Palma shopping area. The La Palma shopping area is a park-like area, palms, winding streets, with probably over100 stores and restaurants, including Dillards, Target, Harkens Theatre, etc. Our rate was $80 per night, large updated room with king bed and luxury bedding, flat screen tv, large desk, fridge, microwave, coffee maker, room sink separate from shower and toilet. This is the first time I have seen a remote enclosed in a "clean remote" sleeve. There is a free happy hour with beer, wine, and soft drinks. The breakfast is good with eggs, biscuits and gravy, sausage, waffles, etc. The fitness room has two treadmills, one elliptical, stationary bike, an all-purpose resistance machine, and free weights. Fully mirrored, with towels, bottles of water, and tv. The only down side was that I could not get Internet wireless with my Ipad2, though my wife had little trouble with her notebook. I used a table in the office lobby area, with hot coffee near. The lobby area has 5 computer stations, BTW.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Ixchen
Almelo, The Netherlands
Reviewed January 11, 2012

We just stayed one night. So we were ok with a simple - and a bit dark-room. Beds were good. Als a clean room It is a nice building with different wings. Looks Mexican . Ther was a nice patio where you could read your book . Sun umbrellas too. The breakfast was - like always at the Inns and suites of BW-very good. A lot to choose from. At that time there were a lot of soldiers with dogs staying. A bit noisy but that can happen. Dogs bark sometimes. Overall it was a very nice stay. cross the street there is a mall.

Room Tip: We just stayed one noight so we were unfamiliar with other rooms
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple