This is my second stay in two months and my last. I booked a month early and got placed in room 170. Was told at check-in the room was larger than my previous room. Next to the room door, the door placard said Boardroom Suite. Upon entering the room it was indeed larger with an 8 foot bar mini kitchenette with a four burner stove and sink. The fridge, however, lacked a control knob and turning the screw one way, midway or far over the way left it either warm or freezing cold. Freezing meaning frozen, anything and everything is either warm or rock solid frozen.
A three section sofa and arm chair and coffee table was a nice area to relax in but the TV was solid mounted on the wall with no viewing from this area, only from the bed. Speaking of bed, the desk clerk verified that I booked a single King size. What I got was a twin drop down Murphy bed with a mattress as hard and firm as my grass lawn at home. After the 2nd night my back was stiff as a board. And those Cloud Nine pillows? Well, mine went down to Cloud Four.
The TV remote was dead. Calling the front desk for help was fruitless as John, the clerk, said he was the only one there and help would be sometime before midnight. MIDNIGHT! I voiced my displeasure to John that this type of service was unacceptable and move to please move me to another room. John apologized and said they were booked solid with no rooms available. An hour later a skinny kid with glasses came by asking about the remote, tried it out and said he would be back with a new battery shortly. As he left he said, "Don't worry I'll be back." An hour and a half passes and he hasn't returned. Another call to John. John said the kid took ill and went home and no one was available and I had to make do. I told John the kid didn't look ill but overworked so stop with the false excuses. An hour passes and another kid stops by, checks out the remote and says he'll be back. Well, this time he did with another remote that worked.
The carpeting is dire need of shampoo and I mean dire. It looks as if it hasn't been shampooed since the hotel first opened...quite nasty. Remember the door placard that said Boardroom Suite? Well, directly across from the bed was a fold up meeting table that was 6 ft high. To prove that this room is used for meetings, the kitchenette has large mirrors on a sliding closet doors. In the closet are chairs neatly stacked.
The adjoining room was quiet the first evening, then voices were heard the next evening. The hotels excuse, the guest were late checking in. Then why didn't you give them my room, I asked? "Sorry, rooms are reserved in advanced." BALONEY.
And should I mention the dirty grounds? An ash tray next to the stairs was full and never emptied. Wood and cardboard littered the area too. Trash can outside my room was never emptied either.
The good; decent breakfast with Starbucks coffee. Good shower with huge sunflower sized shower head. Empty mini shampoo and lotion bottles on the sink..WTF!
WiFi is horrible. There is not enough WAN inet connections available so all one gets is local connection to the router until someone logs off.
Well, BW, you have lost my business, period for good. Next time I book across the street at La Fuente.
I rate this hotel 2 stars, but more like one a three quarters.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfect for business, leisure and government travel, we set a new standard among Yuma hotels for suite accommodations, free amenities and superior service in Yuma all within walking distance of Yuma Palms Mall with shops, restaurants, and theaters. Minutes to Colorado River, YPG & casinos. Suite luxury for less with Cloud 9 beds & bedding and free: airport shuttle, hot full breakfast, WiFi, evening social hour & more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Best Western, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Best Western InnSuites Yuma Mall Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Innsuites Yuma Mall Hotel And Suites
- Best Western Plus Innsuites Yuma Mall Hotel Yuma
- Best Western Yuma
- Yuma Best Western