Coronado Motor Hotel Yuma
$109
$114
$103
GardenInn.com
La Fuente Inn & Suites(Yuma)
$80
$89
Comfort Inn & Suites Yuma(Yuma)(Great Value!)
$71
ComfortInn
$88
$79
Priceline
$44
All reviewsrestaurant next doorlanding restaurantfree breakfastboth sidesbar and grillmodern amenitiesfull kitchenchain hotelscoffee potbed was comfortableflat screenone night staystayed nightsstaff was very friendly and helpfulwould definitely stay here againnice roomrooms are large
Reviewed December 18, 2012

While I am use to staying at mostly corporate type hotels this little charmer surprised me. The rooms are dated but they make up for it with clean rooms, amenities (free wifi, fitness room, business center, flat screen TV with a large channel selection and pool) and friendly staff. The beds are comfortable too. My only suggestion is to put in white shower curtains. The floor to ceiling tile shower is like a dark room once you close the curtain.

Room Tip: You have a choice between a shower only or a tub/shower. I chose shower only which was closer to the office which I recommend for women traveling alone.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank skayc
Yvonne P, General Manager at Coronado Motor Hotel Yuma, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2012

We strive very hard to make our rooms and ammenities comfortable for our guest. We appreciate your comments and hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

A work trip - for three weeks, meaning I judged this place based on long term livability. This Best Western is charmingly historical, with nicely appointed rooms. My room had a fridge, and a microwave, a couch and a nice big study table. There are two swimming pools and a variety of blocks of rooms. I was in a "long-stay" room across the street from the main reception. I hated being without a stove, and I hated listening to the wall-neighbor's television every night. I also rather disliked the restaurant style breakfast. It's included in the price of the room, but because I had to get to work every morning it was a waste of my time to go to a noisy restaurant (jarring music in the morning) and order a meal. I would have preferred ordinary continental-style options. Reception was very friendly and the cleaning ladies were accommodating.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

We appreciate you staying with and for future stays, we do offer rooms that have full kitchens for your convenience. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

I got what I paid for on Priceline...a $37 motor lodge room. This is actually 5 properties linked mostly by name in a bad section of town. It is a run down POS that is NOT worth the 3 stars on TA or PL. This is only worth a 2 star...especailly since the brand new Marriot brand hotels are earning 2.5 stars...and they have fresh clean carpets, beds less than 5 years old, fixtures aren't falling off the wall, tubs that don't leak onto the floor, tiles not breaking off the walls or towels that smell like smoke! When I bid on a room that is a certain quality/star level...I dont expect to be duped into something trashier trying to be a 'classic' becuase of it's age but not upkept to a 3 star quality. The entire room (bed linens and towels ...gack!) reeked of smoke and there was an ashtry with butts right outside the room. Everything in the room was VERY outdated (and not in a 'classic' way) and shabby. We got this room for a low price and I have ALWAYS been able to have 3-5 people (given the space) in any room...except for this POS. If the Westin in Seattle, the Hilton in SF/Maui and the Hyatt in Orlando don't charge 'an additional $10.49 for each extra person in the room beyond 2" then this POS shouldn't either. If we didn't have a free breakfast coupon each morning, this would have only gotten 1 star. Next time I will pay for the 2.5 star Wyndham on the SE side of town...close to food and new hotels.

Room Tip: We stayed in 159...seperate 8 cottages on the other side of the main hotel...quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

We appreciate your comments and apologize for you inconvenience during your stay. We are in the process of renovating throughout the hotel. So we hope that you will give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

This hotel is definitely older and shows it both in and out, but it does have character and was clean...with a comfy bed. Room was a very good size King room with flat screen tv, table/desk and chair, dresser, nightstands, and chair with ottoman.

Also, had a separate "dressing room"/vanity and somewhat smaller bathroom. Also had separate very good size kitchen with full refrigerator, microwave, stove, sink, cabinets, and table/chairs...with coffee maker also.

All furnishings (except bed) and all appliances and fixtures were very dated, but still functional.

Three downsides were very bad smell in room that required us to purchase Febreeze to eliminate odor, but it did and all was fine for the entire stay (weekend). Also, the room we had was adjacent to the housekeeping room...and that was a bit of problem in that 8:00am each day had severe banging around and door slamming such that our adjoining wall shook (and therefore we were awakened at 8am each day. Lastly, the windows are very thin and noisy, all walkway traffic and parking lot activity are easily heard, even over the television.

Friendly staff and free wired or wireless Internet included.

One big plus however was the hot breakfast at the adjacent restaurant. This was the best included breakfast of "any" hotel we have stayed at unless the room was approaching the $300/night range. Highly recommend taking advantage of the included hot breakfast.

Bottom Line: At "regular" rates, we would not select this hotel for future stays, but at discounted rates, we would stay again.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms 147 and 148 and you will avoid the Housekeeping noise each day at 8am.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your comments and we appreciate you staying with us. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I booked this hotel sight unseen for the best deal and was a little worried when I saw the outdated exterior. My concern was for nothing...the employees are friendly and helpful...the rooms are updated and clean...and even though it's on a busy street, we slept great! We didn't use the pool, but it looked clean and kept up. You're given a free "real" breakfast at the neighboring restaurant, which is much nicer than a continental one. Until 11am which is great if you're not an early bird. We had our boat with us and they had no problem finding us parking to accommodate it. We had booked a King bedroom and were given that, plus an extra room with a double bed. Both rooms had nice flat screen TV's and the main one was huge! It wasn't very crowded while we were there and we'll definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: The hotel has various locations on 2 sides of the street. Ask for the area that has rooms farthest from the street for the quietest rooms. You have to cross the street for the lobby and breakfast, but it was worth it to us.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shelly A
Yvonne P, General Manager at Coronado Motor Hotel Yuma, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Thank you so much for staying with us. We appreciate your comments. We offer many types of rooms. The suites are the most popular. We are in the process of doing a little exterior remodeling. Glad you enjoyed your stay, and looking forward to your return in the near future.