“Don't be fooled by the title "quality" inn”
Review of Yuma Airport Inn

Yuma Airport Inn
Ranked #31 of 33 Hotels in Yuma
minnesota
“Don't be fooled by the title "quality" inn”
Reviewed March 4, 2010

Don't be fooled by the title "quality" inn, or the pictures of palms and whatnot. It has no more quality than a motel!!!! Take it from me, i've been in many having traveled since i was a baby with the Navy and now being married to the marine corps! I stayed here for ten days and it was such a drag
. I came to stay with my fiance whom i hadnt seen in 2 months and i still wanted to go home right away! The room was small and poorly decorated. It felt dark and honestly made me depressed!! The sheets are not soft. The bed is hard. Even having sex on it was uncomfortable. The pool needed to be cleaned and it was ice cold. The internet did not work the whole time. The breakfast had a very small selection and didnt taste good. I think the eggs were old. They tasted like they had chemicals on them. I would say the maid service was good becasue they did come every morning, but it was an old lady that didnt speak a word of english! She looked me in the face and said "ah, no ingles" I had to go in my head to 8th grade spanish and try to tell her (poorly) in broken spanglish and by pointing that i needed toilet paper and different stuff. Also the location was terrible. Right next to a car lot, a poor trailer park, and highway that smelled like cow [--]. And rightfully so, as the grass on the boulevard is covered in manure. I was so uncomfortable I called off my wedding when i flew home (i did come to my senses and its on now) becasue I didnt want to move down there! mind you this was not my first time in Yuma. Honestly, if youre going to Yuma, I have stayed in crappy Mexican MOtels there that I felt more comfortable in than this hotel! And the size is the same . Actually, the motel room size was a bit larger. So if youre looking for a deal, i'd advise look elsewhere. If youre broke, dont care, and just need a place to crash go for it! or if youre throwing a party--- well, i woulnd even throw a drinkin party here because its too small! everyone would be on the bed and you could invite five! that wouldnt even be fun here either!! Go buy a hooker and take her here. Thats the only reason id call this a HOtel not a motel.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
QualityInnYuma, General Manager at Yuma Airport Inn, responded to this review, March 10, 2010
Our hotel is newly renovated which includes the new beds and bedding, we've had many guests ask if they can buy bedding, pillows etc. from us. Our decor is brand new and above choice standards, we get compliments on it all the time. We keep track of any complaints we get and take them seriously. We encourage our guests to let the front desk know anytime there is a problem, we strive to make our guests as comfortable as possible. Our breakfast is made fresh every morning including our hot waffle bar, we do not put chemicals on our eggs! We are not located next to a highway or trailer park. We are located next to a car dealership but it does not smell "like a cow" in this area. Our pool is heated and cleaned everyday. There is language and comments in this review that have nothing to do with the hotel not "motel" but do appreciate after that review that you still said "YES" you would recommend this hotel to a friend. We tell all of our guests they can press "0" from the room phones to reach the front desk 24-7 for any amenities.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
illinois
Reviewed April 24, 2009

I came to Yuma to visit my fiance before he left on deployment. I decided to stay at the Quality Inn because it was right down the street from the Marine Corps Base and they also provide a shuttle to and from the airport. I'm glad I stayed there because the rooms were recently redone, the pool was calm and relaxing especially at night, and the staff was very nice and willing to answer any questions that I had. The restaurant and bar was great and they also had entertainment. I will definitely stay there again and I recommend it to anyone that will be visiting Yuma in the future.

• Stayed April 2009
Edmonton
Reviewed April 15, 2009

This place has been newly renovated, making everything clean and shiny.
Our Double attached rooms were located near the pool, which was the childrens' favorite place!
The Pool was large and nicely heated, deep enough for their play, yet safe enough for the new swimmers. No life guards.

During our week stay, the bedding could have been changed more often, rather than twice, but upon mentioning this, staff immediately wished to satisfy and were very contrite, and sorry about the experience.
Breakfast was varied and delicious, except for the second last day, when most of the childrens' favorite foods were collected by early visitors(we usually ate at 8:15 am) and staff didn't wish to open more supplies. The last morning, we arrived before the offending clients and ate to our fill, but didn't take extras!

Staff were all very friendly and willing to help,providing a great taste of Yuman Hospitality for our first visit to our Snowbird Parents..
Price was within our family budget!!!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
vancouver, wa
Reviewed April 24, 2008

This is an old hotel but it was clean. The pool area was beautiful. It was surrounded by palm trees. We had a handicap room that was supposed to have a king but when we showed up that was taken so they "upgraded" us to the handicap room with 2 beds. There was a lot less room for the wheelchair to get around. It did have a roll in shower so that was nice. The breakfast was so so. The waffles never seemed to cook all the way even though we ran it through the cycle 3 times. Typical cereal but the juice was gross. We would still stay here again because we did like it.

Stayed April 2008
michigan
Reviewed May 27, 2007

We stayed for 5 nights while visiting our daughter. The staff was very cordial, helpful, attentive. The room, while not extravagantly elegant, was clean and well-maintained. The pool was very nice and there were bbq pits which we utilized to picnic on Sunday. Since I have physical issues, it was nice to find a hotel that provided a walk-in shower with grab bars and a bench in the shower. The bed was comfortable and surprisingly enough the pillows were supportive. I only wish they were more descriptive of the handicap facilities in the on-line info, which is a problem with most hotels. It would have been nice to know the situation before we booked. We also received a 60+ rate through the corporate website which made the room a really, really good value. The full breakfast included freshly made waffles, juices, coffee, rolls, bagels, cereal and hard cooked eggs. Again, not the most elegant, but more than substantial and very good.

We would definitely stay there again.

• Liked — senior/handicap friendly
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Three Rivers, California
Reviewed May 24, 2007

We had to stay here (as did several of our fellow guests) because our car was being serviced at the Chevy dealer next door.

It was July and very hot. Room A/C could only take about 20 degrees off external temp, which left the room at about 95.

Pool was nice.

Room comfort was average for the hotel class.

• Stayed July 2006
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
QualityInnYuma, General Manager at Yuma Airport Inn, responded to this review, August 12, 2008
Since your stay,faulty electrical cables were replaced by APS electrical company. Thank you for your comment.

Travelers are raving about these Yuma hotels

durham
Reviewed May 7, 2006

Myself and family lodged here in April 04 for two nights.We got a good rate, the rooms were clean and tidy.the pool area was well maintained and quiet(little aircraft noise).If i remembered the lobby area was brand new with free internet , not smelly or dirty, if that was the case i wouldnt have stopped there. The inn was nothing outstanding,but good value for money, which is all you can expect from a budget hotel chain.

• Stayed April 2004