“Would not stay here again.”
Review of Yuma Airport Inn

Yuma Airport Inn
Ranked #31 of 33 Hotels in Yuma
Reviewed March 28, 2011

Stayed at this hotel 3 years ago and decided to return this March for a week. We were in a kitchenette suite, which was very clean, but there we absoultely no dishes, utensils etc. of any kind, we had to go out and buy some. We were told they don't supply the rooms because people steal them. We feel we should have been told when booking a kitchenette that it was bare bones. We feel that compared to the way the property was 3 years ago, it has gone downhill, pool area needs the deck painted, loungers are old and some of them broken. I believe the staff have had changes , a new general manager, desk people etc. and maybe this is the reason for the general appearance and bad attitude compared to when we stayed last time. We will not be going back, and we visit Yuma every year. Stayed at La Fuente Inn last year and will be returning there.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank getoutofwinter

Reviewed December 29, 2010

we came here when our house flooded and we went to the microtel in the foothills of yuma and they were terrible and so we came here and they were very friendly, helpful, and kind. if we ever have to go to another motel we will deffinatly go to Quality inn on 32nd street by the airport. their beds are so comfortable food is delicous and Rick the maintenance guy is a awesome person to talk to. all of them make you feel like your part of their family and move like a perfect geared machine i got the chance to meet the owner and it was on xmas day she handed me cookies and even a present for my son if that isnt like home then you tell me what is. hope you make the smart choice like i did. there are so many roach motels and this isnt one of them this is heavenly 5 stars.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 13, 2010

This is a letter regarding my stay at Quality Inn in Yuma, AZ. I arrived there on February 12, 2010 at 10:30 p.m.. I asked to be placed in a room that would be as quiet as possible, since I have a medical condition that worsens if I am unable to get good sleep. I was placed in two rooms that night. When given the first room, I had to call about fifteen minutes later because there was a smell of septic tank or sewer being blown into the bathroom. I was told that room should have been closed due to maintenance issues. The second room I was given was very loud and sounded like a washer and dryer was being used on the other side of the wall. The ice machine made a loud grinding sound in the room. After approximately an hour, I heard people outside my room partying, cursing and laughing loudly. I was placed right by the stairs and could hear people passing up and down and talking loudly. At that time I realized I was not going to get any rest, so I called the front desk and spoke to the manager, Dula Kothari. I told her that I was unable to sleep and that people were outside partying and being loud. I told her that I realized it wasn’t her fault but I needed sleep and decided to leave the hotel. She argued with me and questioned me when I complained of the noises. She said the only people partying were the ones in the bar downstairs and that she didn't understand how there could be so much noise. I told her I was leaving and she said she was going to still charge me for the room. I was only there for maybe two hours total. I didn’t use the shower, or anything else. I used the sink and went to bed. I had to ask her to at least charge me half the price. She told me that she would not be able to rent the room out now for the rest of the night since I had used it. Finally toward the end of the conversation, she told me I would be charged half the amount of the room price. I left that night.

A few weeks later, I noticed that the charge was not refunded back to my card. I called and spoke to her and again, she was very rude and combative. She told me it was my fault that I didn’t come and check out at the front desk before I left that night. She told me "How did I know that you didn’t end up staying that night? You never came in to the lobby and checked out?" I reminded her of our conversation on the phone and that I told her I was leaving. I told her I would leave the keys on the nightstand. She said the reason why half the amount was not refunded was because I didn’t stop by the front desk first. She told me she would refund half the money to my card.

I called over another week later, because the amount was still not put back on my card. I spoke to Shawna Purdon first and told her my situation. She was very helpful, professional and willing to work with me. In the background I could hear Dula complaining that I called again and telling Shawna that she already put it back on my card. I asked to talk to Dula and she gave me three different amounts that she told me was placed back on my card. When I told her the amount should be half of $94.30, and the amount she told me fell short of half the amount, she replied, "What’s the big deal anyway it’s only a few dollars." She also told me that half the amount that should be refunded would not include the tax. I asked to speak to Shawna because I wasn't going to get anywhere with Dula. Shawna was helpful when I told her the entire story and apologized for the inconvenience. She told me to ask for her next time I call and she told me she would handle the situation. She made me feel at ease and more confident that the situation would be taken care of. I felt like I was talking to someone who finally had some common sense and a sense of professionalism.

I am very surprised that Dula Kothari is the manager of the hotel. She lacks professionalism to say the least. She is not someone who values customer service and makes it obvious with her nonchalant attitude and laziness. She is incompetent and I was completely unhappy with the way she handled every situation that came up. I was never rude to her or raised my voice to her. I handled the situation in a calm and reasonable manner. When I think of the way she spoke to me it makes my blood boil all over again. Shawna was the hotels saving grace. She helped me feel better about the situation and made me feel like my situation was important. Having to deal with people like Dula, makes it very easy to choose another hotel to stay in. I highly recommend she is placed in another position where she does not work directly with customers.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank lois_jackson
Reviewed March 4, 2010

Don't be fooled by the title "quality" inn, or the pictures of palms and whatnot. It has no more quality than a motel!!!! Take it from me, i've been in many having traveled since i was a baby with the Navy and now being married to the marine corps! I stayed here for ten days and it was such a drag
. I came to stay with my fiance whom i hadnt seen in 2 months and i still wanted to go home right away! The room was small and poorly decorated. It felt dark and honestly made me depressed!! The sheets are not soft. The bed is hard. Even having sex on it was uncomfortable. The pool needed to be cleaned and it was ice cold. The internet did not work the whole time. The breakfast had a very small selection and didnt taste good. I think the eggs were old. They tasted like they had chemicals on them. I would say the maid service was good becasue they did come every morning, but it was an old lady that didnt speak a word of english! She looked me in the face and said "ah, no ingles" I had to go in my head to 8th grade spanish and try to tell her (poorly) in broken spanglish and by pointing that i needed toilet paper and different stuff. Also the location was terrible. Right next to a car lot, a poor trailer park, and highway that smelled like cow [--]. And rightfully so, as the grass on the boulevard is covered in manure. I was so uncomfortable I called off my wedding when i flew home (i did come to my senses and its on now) becasue I didnt want to move down there! mind you this was not my first time in Yuma. Honestly, if youre going to Yuma, I have stayed in crappy Mexican MOtels there that I felt more comfortable in than this hotel! And the size is the same . Actually, the motel room size was a bit larger. So if youre looking for a deal, i'd advise look elsewhere. If youre broke, dont care, and just need a place to crash go for it! or if youre throwing a party--- well, i woulnd even throw a drinkin party here because its too small! everyone would be on the bed and you could invite five! that wouldnt even be fun here either!! Go buy a hooker and take her here. Thats the only reason id call this a HOtel not a motel.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
QualityInnYuma, General Manager at Yuma Airport Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2010

Our hotel is newly renovated which includes the new beds and bedding, we've had many guests ask if they can buy bedding, pillows etc. from us. Our decor is brand new and above choice standards, we get compliments on it all the time. We keep track of any complaints we get and take them seriously. We encourage our guests to let the front desk know anytime there is a problem, we strive to make our guests as comfortable as possible. Our breakfast is made fresh every morning including our hot waffle bar, we do not put chemicals on our eggs! We are not located next to a highway or trailer park. We are located next to a car dealership but it does not smell "like a cow" in this area. Our pool is heated and cleaned everyday. There is language and comments in this review that have nothing to do with the hotel not "motel" but do appreciate after that review that you still said "YES" you would recommend this hotel to a friend. We tell all of our guests they can press "0" from the room phones to reach the front desk 24-7 for any amenities.

Reviewed April 24, 2009

I came to Yuma to visit my fiance before he left on deployment. I decided to stay at the Quality Inn because it was right down the street from the Marine Corps Base and they also provide a shuttle to and from the airport. I'm glad I stayed there because the rooms were recently redone, the pool was calm and relaxing especially at night, and the staff was very nice and willing to answer any questions that I had. The restaurant and bar was great and they also had entertainment. I will definitely stay there again and I recommend it to anyone that will be visiting Yuma in the future.

• Stayed: April 2009
Reviewed April 15, 2009

This place has been newly renovated, making everything clean and shiny.
Our Double attached rooms were located near the pool, which was the childrens' favorite place!
The Pool was large and nicely heated, deep enough for their play, yet safe enough for the new swimmers. No life guards.

During our week stay, the bedding could have been changed more often, rather than twice, but upon mentioning this, staff immediately wished to satisfy and were very contrite, and sorry about the experience.
Breakfast was varied and delicious, except for the second last day, when most of the childrens' favorite foods were collected by early visitors(we usually ate at 8:15 am) and staff didn't wish to open more supplies. The last morning, we arrived before the offending clients and ate to our fill, but didn't take extras!

Staff were all very friendly and willing to help,providing a great taste of Yuman Hospitality for our first visit to our Snowbird Parents..
Price was within our family budget!!!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed April 24, 2008

This is an old hotel but it was clean. The pool area was beautiful. It was surrounded by palm trees. We had a handicap room that was supposed to have a king but when we showed up that was taken so they "upgraded" us to the handicap room with 2 beds. There was a lot less room for the wheelchair to get around. It did have a roll in shower so that was nice. The breakfast was so so. The waffles never seemed to cook all the way even though we ran it through the cycle 3 times. Typical cereal but the juice was gross. We would still stay here again because we did like it.

Stayed: April 2008