Tripadvisor
Yuma
Review Highlights
Animal rescue

Very nice small animal rescue. Came up as a point of interest on Google! Super glad I went as the... read more

Reviewed January 5, 2020
mikejF1843VU
Want To Feed A Hinny?

Reviewed December 29, 2019
jel172
Los Angeles, California

All reviews water buffalo feed the animals petting zoo baby goats fun feeding animal lovers cool animals love animals animals seem all ages zebra ostrich critters rescues sheep enclosures treats
Selected filters
Reviewed January 19, 2020

This is a small animal sanctuary with camels, goats, zebras, dear, birds, pigs, water buffalo, etc. The animals appear to be well cared for and you can get very close to them for feeding. We spoke to the owner's daughter and she told us the history of the place. She was very nice and wonderful to visit with.

Date of experience: January 2020
Reviewed January 5, 2020

Very nice small animal rescue.
Came up as a point of interest on Google!
Super glad I went as the you've lady that greeted me when I walked in was very nice and very informative. They are doing an amazing job looking after abandoned animals who would of possibly perished without there help. Feeding the animals gives you an exciting experience and connection with them. Definitely stopping back there on my travels.
Cheers!

Date of experience: January 2020
Reviewed December 31, 2019 via mobile

We loved everything about this place! Hand feeding the animals, talking to the camels and petting the zeedonk. Great, small set up with a fun assortment of critters, large and small. The lady at the register gave us helpful tips for interacting with each animal and the food prices for feeding were reasonable. My favorite part of our trip to Yuma, hands down.

Date of experience: December 2019
Reviewed December 29, 2019

Although most of the animals here appear to be goats, there are lots of cool animals to see and feed (like Patrick, the hinny). He was our favorite. There are camels, zebras, water buffalo, ducks, geese, chickens. Plus, cats that roam the property...

All of the animals seem to be very well cared-for. They were cleaning the pens and feeding/watering the animals while we were there. Also, it sounds like some of the animals are rescues, so it's clear that the farm is a labor of love.

There is a reasonable admission fee and then you can buy small buckets of feed and let the animals eat out of your hand. Except not the ostrich... And I had a particularly grabby goose that went for my finger instead...

My biggest suggestion would be to put up more signs about what each of the animals are. When we were there, they had information signs about the goats, camels, and hinny, but didn't see anything for anything else. I'm not good at recognizing the difference between a donkey and a burro and a mule and a whatever, so I wasn't always sure what I was looking at.

A fun time, though, especially when one of the little goats gets out and comes up nosing for food!

Date of experience: December 2019
Reviewed November 18, 2019

The animals are often left in the scorching sun and wind. This is neither a pleasant experience for the animals or children. It should be closed down.

Date of experience: October 2019