“Excellent.”

Holiday Inn Express Yuma
Ranked #13 of 33 Hotels in Yuma
Reviewed April 18, 2014

My pick for best place to stay in or near Yuma, Az. Left another motel in downtown to find this place. WOW! What a difference. Nice, new, comfortable, nice staff, continental Breakfast at a reasonable price. What more do you need?

• Stayed: April 2014

Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for one night one our way to CA. I travel for work a lot , so I like the consistency of the rooms, breakfast, etc. This hotel met all the standards I have come to expect however I was disappointed that they gave away my king bed. I booked a king room,but when I got there they told me that they didn't have any kings would 2 queens do. Not like I had any real choice at this point, I booked using my reward points and it was non refundable. I would expect my room type be held regaradless of the currency, especially since a reward night means I stay at your chain often. For this reason I did not give them 5 stars.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rusurun
Reviewed April 2, 2014

We have tried to deal with this issue directly with the hotel but get NO substantial action.
Lovely property, great breakfast, fantastic staff BUT they have not and are not doing anything go to get rid of the pigeons that defecate on the grounds, windows and cars around the hotel.
We were sitting in the pool and pigeons were dropping feces all over the deck and into the hot tub and pool. This is very unhealthy! Perhaps it was coincidental but both my wife and I got sick after leaving this property.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Yuma, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Dear kozman333,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We are so glad you liked the breakfast selections we offer. Please accept our deepest apology for the over-all issues you had that did not live up to your expectations. We have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain some additional details. Thank you for staying and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

This was a very nice hotel. Clean and friendly staff. Saltwater pool....the pool area was very inviting. The breakfast room looked out onto the pool area....very nice morning view! Full breakfast....ham, eggs, pancakes, country gravy and biscuits....and all the other things that continental breakfast offers. Very comfortable bed, nite light in bathroom! Good location right off the freeway with plenty of parking...but still quite. High speed internet that worked perfectly.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 10, 2014

The only problem we had was the car navigation missed the turn into the hotel, you must turn at and drive behind Arbys. This hotel is centrally located, and they even have a free shuttle to nearby addresses if you need it! Breakfast was the same good fare as we have come to know at HI. Our room was on the third floor facing the freeway, but we did not hear it at all. We loved the pillows, and the staff were pleasant, cheerful, helpful. When we got to our room our key cards did not work, but a passing by maintenance man let us in then he went down to the desk and delivered us working key cards. This property must only be a couple years old, always a bonus as we didn't hear any guests above or below us.

Room Tip: The valley view might be prettier, if you prefer.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 10, 2014

We spent 4 nights in this property. The staff were generally very good and responsive. The location is excellent with easy access to the highway and into the city. The breakfasts provided a good selection and the food was fresh, or as fresh as this kind of breakfast ever is. We enjoyed our stay and would return. One quirky thing however: we were in room 408. Every morning and sometimes in late afternoon the room would shake. The first time we felt it we immediately thought it was a small earthquake but we soon realized that was not it. When we spoke with the desk we were advised it was the second floor laundry washing machine. We were told that past customers in the -08, -06 and -09 rooms on each floor have previously complained about this shaking too. My advice is to request a room away from this area if you will be in the room during the day. We were generally away all day and thus this was a minor irritation.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side can be hot and see my comments regarding vibrations or shaking from the laun...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank ROBERT N
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Went to Yuma for a square dance weekend and spent a night at the HI Express. The room was very clean, comfortable, quiet, and spacious. The front desk staff was cheerful and extremely helpful. Breakfast was abundant, hot and tasty.

This is the type of property you expect from the Holiday Inn chain. Well worth the trip.

The motel is conveniently located near anyplace you care to visit in Yuma with easy on and off the freeway.

Overall this is an excellent property to stay at.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple