“Nice & clean, but limited”

Holiday Inn Express Yuma
Ranked #9 of 33 Hotels in Yuma
Edmonton, Canada
“Nice & clean, but limited”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We stayed here for 5 days. Rooms were very nice and very clean, had a little fridge which was nice too, everyone was extremely friendly and helpful. Loved that all the palm trees had spiral lighting on them...it was beautiful at night! Only things we didn't like was the pool atmosphere...it's very sparse and uninviting, plus there is no shady area in the pool, so in the hot Arizona sun, it made for some very uncomfortable swimming and just didn't look nice at all. We also didn't like the limited breakfast offered. There were some egg and sausage thing, fake looking waffles, a small assortment of very sugary cereals, and a pancake maker. We were hoping for something a little more healthy and less processed. We also didn't like that there was no option for pay per view movies or anything. The TV was very boring, we would've liked to watch a movie or two. As nice as the rooms were, I wouldn't stay here again for the price we paid.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Yuma, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Meghann B,

Thank you for your feedback. While we am pleased that you liked our clean hotel and rooms as such we regret that you found the pool atmosphere and breakfast selections less than satisfactory.. We apologize for the inconvenience you encountered. Please remain assured that we will share your comments with the respective departments to improve upon our service.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and I do hope we have opportunity to welcome you again.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
arizona
Reviewed May 23, 2013

A little hard to find maybe, but well worth the price! I love the fact that there isn't a whole lot built in this area yet. It is nice and quiet, easy to come and go, perfect!

I pretty much made a last minute reservation. Secured the reservation with my credit card, and arrived after 11 PM. The front desk greeted me immediately and was very friendly. Cheerful in fact. Such a nice change to have a friendly person behind the desk! And even though she was having a discussion with what looked like her boss and one other employee, she stopped what she was doing just to greet me! I wish I could remember her name! And unfortunately my receipt does not have it on there either. She also gave me a little "midnight snack" of chocolate chip cookies and a bottle of water, which was much appreciated! I felt like royalty!

Anyway, as late as it was, I was able to change rooms without any problem. I was booked for an upstairs room, but upon arrival I was so tired I really didn't want to walk any further. No problem, she switched me to a first floor room!

I cannot stress enough my recommendation for room 136!!!!!!!!! I do not know if this was a handicapped room, and that is why it was available for me to switch to, or why it had so much ROOM! But it was grand! There was nothing to indicate that it was a handicapped room, so to this day I still do not know. The room was great! The location was the bomb! You park on the side of the hotel, in a well lit parking lot. You walk right up to the side door, and BAM! you are right there at room 136! Location, location, location! It was sooo unbelievably convenient! I was able to be right by my vehicle, unload with ease, and feel secure, all at the same time! This room has two queen beds, non smoking, and spacious! Roomy bathroom, desk, and refrigerator. Everything you could possibly need and then some! OH! Which reminds me.... in the bathroom you get some cute little goodies! A shoe polish cloth, a shower cap, a bar of soap, and some of the best smelling lotion, shampoo & conditioner! I mean this shampoo & conditioner smells like it is from Bath & Bodyworks! It is the most fragrant cinnamon spice smell! I love it!

Breakfast was typical fare. Coffee, tons of coffee, milk, juices, yogurt, muffins, hot & cold instant cereals, fresh fruit, waffles, toast, jelly, eggs, biscuits n gravy, etc. Adequate enough to last you until your next stop. The swimming pool runs the length of the dining room, so that adds a little entertainment as you sit along the glass dining room windows. You can grab a newspaper and head back to your room.

I would not hesitate to stay here again, I'll be in room 136 if you need me!

Room Tip: Room 136 is the best!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
London
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I called in with my wife without a reservation and was treated by friendly staff who quickly checked us in for a rate of $120 including breakfast and WiFi.
We were both exhausted and ended up just locking the door with a do not disturb sign from 17:00 and not surfacing again until 08:30 the next morning.
The room was comfortable and very clean with a good selection of free TV channels and a WiFi that worked well in the room. The bathroom was a good size with a small bath tub and shower above. Overall it was a pleasant stay affording us with undisturbed relaxation. The only complaints come from a very noisy aircon and an extremely basic breakfast that included inedible sausage patties, rubbery scrambled egg, hard scones and a kind of sweet gravy with coffee resembling dishwater.

Room Tip: Check that the aircon unit is not rattling.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Yuma, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear Bertybign,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us. Guest satisfaction is important to us and we try our hardest to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. We are pleased to see you enjoyed your overall experience with us but regret the food served during your stay did not live to your expectations. Your feedback has been documented and shared with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvements needed.

Thank you again for your feedback. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
Hancock, Michigan
Reviewed April 12, 2013

The hotel was easy to find. The front desk clerks gave restaurant suggestions that went well. Overall friendly employees. They have a decent breakfast with a couple of hot items. Went there in a sandstorm so didn't use the outdoor pool but it looked nice anyway.

Room Tip: Higher floors probably are quieter. Mine was 2nd floor and I did hear people walking above a couple...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Imperial, California
Reviewed April 10, 2013

My family and i stayed 1 night at this location. The customer service was great & the room that they gave us (room 100) had more space then we knew what to do with. This room was downstairs at the end of the hall, so it was very quiet.
Breakfast was wonderful. Everything was very fresh and clean. The attendant was coming around asking if she could take our trash & wiping down all of the tables several times while we were eating. Felt like I was in a restaurant.
Overall I give this location an A. Only reason why they didn't get an A+ is because their sprinklers sprayed my car. (no biggie)

Room Tip: Rm 100 (King but a lot more room)
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Delta, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I had read mixed reviews about this hotel but it was close to where our sister was staying so that is why we still chose to stay there. We are so glad we did! The rooms were very clean, bed was very comfortable, the continental breakfast was amazing as it has so much variety, the wifi always worked and staff was friendly. The apples that were always available were good too. We would both recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Hotel is centrally located in the City of Yuma, Az. easy access off the 8 fwy. On the freeway side of the hotel you can hear the road noise slightly but did not prevent me from a good nights sleep. The rooms are nicely furnished and well maintained. Morning breakfast had a good selection and the staff was on hand to make sure the food was well stocked. All of the employess were very nice and helpful, I would absolutely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family