“Ginette”

Ranked #17 of 33 Hotels in Yuma
Yorba Linda, California
“Ginette”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

This is an excellent suite hotel. Front deck and others were very cordial and helpful with all our questions about the area. There is a free dinner on Mondays and Thursday. The night we were there it was lasagna and ravioli with a nice salad. The room was very clean, beds comfortable. We will absolutely return to this hotel.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ginette S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

my wife and i spent the nite there, and we had a 3 a.m. check out, Dustin the nite front desk person made sure are ride was there and ready to go, thank you. They get us to the airport, and everything was fine, we where standing in line and i had realized i had left my money clip on the table. Called back to candle wood and spoke to Dustin, he said he would do what he could. told him we had few minutes before boarding, went outside and waited, they showed up my money clip and everything was there, thank you people for being so honest we sure did appreciate it thanks again

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Brock L
Everett, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

Whiie going through training in Yuma, our company booked us at Candlewood suites for 2 months. At first we were very pleased, as our rooms each had kitchenettes, and a good floor plan. Unfortunately several problem arose shortly after. The biggest complaint is easily the internet. The company advertises free internet, and for our training purposes, access to the internet was essential. We quickly discovered that the connection to the internet was minimal at best, but more often than not it was nonexistent. This quickly became an issue that was brought up by almost every guest of the hotel. The answers we received varied day to day, and by who was responding. We were told anything from, "It'll be fixed in a few days" to "it already works". After two weeks of false promises, and argumentative responses from the manager, we have made arrangements through our company to transfer hotels.
Other issues that have arisen include, finding several cockroaches in our rooms, air conditioners that only worked occasionally, and are very noisy, and windows that do not open causing a very stuffy room.
There were positives as well. The staff, especially the front desk employees are VERY friendly, and went out of their way to assist us, and help in any way they could. The hotel offers a free "Managers Dinner' twice a week that was very good, and was a nice way to meet new people. The location is okay, if you have transportation. Only Arby's is walking distance.
Overall, the hotel is okay, but the internet situation left a bad taste in many mouths. If we could have just gotten a straight answer it may have been okay, but with the feeling we were being lied to, I have no regrets about leaving.

Room Tip: Try to get a first floor room!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Mitchell M
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

For vacationers and business travelers alike, this comfortable, warm hotel and friendly staff will makes you feel at home in Yuma, AZ. The rooms are spacious and fully equipped with kitchenettes. The location of the hotel is conveniently located within a mile of a mall, restaurants and a one stop shopping center .If you need information or to know about the local attractions, just ask the hotel manger (Mrs. Rodriguez) or the her staff. Great place for Contractors!

Room Tip: Higher floors have less noise
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ajac2811
Yuma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2012

The Candlewood Suites in Yuma located at 2036 S Ave 3E, Yuma, AZ 85365 was the best hotel experience I've ever had. I stayed at this particular hotel two years ago for the first time and I was truly amazed. The service was excellent and the facility was pristine. I had such a wonderful experience two years ago, I chose to stay here again this year for another six weeks. Approaching this grand hotel you are presented with nearly 1/4 mile curved driveway flanked with tall palm trees wrapped with elegant and carefully placed lights. You feel like a movie star or VIP as you enter the premises of the Candlewood. This hotel is very new, clean and the up-keep and cleanliness gives you the impression that it's grand opening was just yesterday. It even smells brand new. The management at the Candlewood in Yuma obviously cares about the little details about what makes a hotel great. I could not find a single flaw in this hotel. The matching decor is professional and contemporary, every corner is clean, all tiles and carpet are in place and like new. The staff are extra friendly, professional and are always available to assist you, day or night, with a friendly smile and prompt service. The rooms at the Candlewood Suites have full-size refrigerators, a stove, microwave and kichen cabinets full of utensils, pots, pans and extra things complimentary of the hotel. If your pillow isn't soft enough, you can request a softer feather-filled pillow instead. The beds were so comfortable and the atmosphere was so quiet and peaceful, I was able to get a full eight hours of sleep every night. The house keepers always cleaned my room consistantly and thoroughly. The Candlewood provides many luxuries and amenities, but the one that stands out in my mind was the complementary dinners served two nights a week. That's right--Free of charge!! Every Monday & Thursday evening, a hot, full-course meal is provided "free of charge" for the hotel guests, complete with sweet dinner rolls and ALL types of refreshing beverages. Every day I had a free dinner at the Candlewood, there was always plenty of delicious food left over if you wanted seconds or thirds. Often times, the friendly and courteous staff would encourage me to use the plastic "tupper ware" from my room's kitchen to save some dinner for lunch or dinner for the next day. In the lobby of the Candlewood Suites, there were always present a large basket filled with freshly baked, warm, moist chocolate chip cookies, and white chocolate chip with macadamia nuts. After eating so many never-ending cookies, I spent a lot of time on the treadmill in the Candlewood's cardio workout gym. This hotel even has a large variety of "free" DVD movies to sign-out for your enjoyment. Outside the hotel, you can relax in a cool blue pool. You can sun-bath or have a picnic in a spacious outdoor lounge. Or, prepare your own meals on a large gas-cooking grill. There's plenty of parking space at the Candlewood, and the windows feature a scenic view of Yuma's agrarian society displaying rows of vegetables ready for harvesting. On the horizon are beautiful rocky mountain ridges typical of a sunny Arizona landscape. But I simply cannot express the superb, professional and friendly service of the Candlewood's dedicated staff. Staying at the Candlewood Suites gave me a feeling like I was staying at home, or at least a large bed-n-breakfast. And do you know why the Candlewood feels like a bed-n-breakfast? That's because the General Manager would take the time to meet and greet every guests who stay at her hotel. And she even personally hosts every free dinner at the hotel to ensure everyone who stays there had plenty to eat and felt comfortable as if they were at home. The experience was truly personal and comfortable and I would recommend the Candlewood Suites of Yuma to anyone planning a short or extended stay in the Yuma area, or South West region of Arizona. I give this hotel 5-STARS!!!

Room Tip: I recommend any room that faces the Western skies to see the sun settle over the mountains to the We...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Michael M
Bruxelles, BE
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2012

Longer-term stay. Very clean interiors and grounds. Maid service only 1X week. Manager's dinner 2 X week-fairly good and many times with salad. No pool.Windows do not open, so fresh air is only with noisy A/C on.

Friendly staff but manageress a bit unsmiling. They keep business room cooled below 65, so I guess the idea is not to stay too long.
Management unwilling to upgrade at this reviewer's request, although website showed vacancies. Overall, average but clean. I would go to Radisson or Homewood Suites the next time.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Yuma, responded to this review, May 18, 2012
Dear RjA_12,

Thank you for your detailed review of our hotel. I certainly apologize for the inconveniences you experienced while a guest at Candlewood Suites Yuma.

We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. I am pleased you did note our clean hotel and grounds.

We thank you for having chosen our Hotel. We take this opportunity to send you our best wishes.

Regards,
Brenda J.
IHGCare
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2012

I loved it!!!! ,, my kids thought it was sooo cool/fun, they have a full size refrigerator and microwave need I say more!!! plus they have all the things you need like plates,pans,forks,cups etc. so you can cook. We loved the pool and we also used their bbq grills.. The rooms are extemely clean.. Staff/Gm are great!! It seems like everyone had a smile and was so helpfuly, had no problems. Hopefully I can come and enjoy this hotel in the near future, I would def. would come back again and again. You guys should come and see for your selves. I been looking for a hotel like this one. I'm glad I finally found one that fits our needs. Oh and they have free washers & dryers. Ps they make cookies and they are sooo good!!! I hope you guys found my review helpful! I wouldnt be writing one if I didnt think so myself.

Room Tip: ask for the even side, beautiful sunset's
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family