“Middle of the Road”

Ranked #15 of 33 Hotels in Yuma
Lawton, Oklahoma
“Middle of the Road”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Just got through spending a month in this little establishment...can't really say too much bad about it. My room, a one bedroom suite, was clean and well appointed though a little worn and weathered. Some of my bathroom fixtures didn't work very well (read: toilet) and all of the drains emitted sewer smell whenever you ran water into them. On the positive side...the bed was comfy, the air conditioners worked like a champ, it had a good shower and I had plenty of room to spread out. The walls were a little thin but all in all, a nice place to stay.

One thing I will say negative about the place though is the breakfast...merely a conteniental with muffins, cereal and fruit. Extremely lackluster especially for a hotel such as this. Even Holiday Inn Express has a better breakfast. What gives Mariott?

Room Tip: Stay off the ground floor...the ceilings are very thin and it sounds like a herd of water buffalos w...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Wayne777

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
FL
Reviewed August 31, 2012

A really nice,clean and well maintained hotel. The suites are a little smaller than some of the other TownePlaces I have stayed in bu it is very comfortable and very good. Crisp linens and towels, friendly staff and pretty close off the highway.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JYPA
NC
Reviewed May 7, 2012

My husband was staying here for 3 months for work. My daughter and I came for a visit and the staff was very welcoming. While he was at work they brought up a pack-n-play and extra pillows. The staff and management were so nice and mannerly. If I needed anything they provided it and quickly. My daughter also spilled on the carpet and I called the front desk to inform them and they had someone up within 10 minutes with a steam cleaner! The cleaning staff was amazing, never had any problems with them. On several occassions I came back to my room to discover that in addition to clean our room they madeup our daughters bed and arranged her stuffed animals in there as well. My daughter also had her 1st birthday while we were there. They had accomodated us having a birthday in their common area and they staffed joined, as well as purchased a gift and card for her. They also drove me to the airport at no cost! I will definitely be coming back to for future stays.

Room Tip: I would advise a room that has two beds if you have children and are staying more than a few days. T...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Melissa B
phoenix
Reviewed April 24, 2012

I stayed here with my wife and 2 year old son on our way to San Diego from Phoenix. It's nice to break up the drive and it was free with my rewards points. It's easy to find, right off the freeway. The grounds were very clean. Upon check in, I was warned that the room we booked might be a little small for 3 people. It may have been for three adults but fit us just fine. The room was clean and I was surprised by the size of the kitchen, they had everything! Wi-Fi speed was great, had no problems. The bed was not as comfortable as I would have liked. Breakfast was ok. Had some French Toast (which you don't usually see at a free hotel breakfast), but didn't have the regular sausage and egg patty as usual (something I was looking forward to for some strange reason). I had to track down a front desk person to check us out. Other than these small problems, this was a fantastic place to stay for the night or an extended time.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank elitetravelerPhoenix
Americus, Georgia
Reviewed April 6, 2012

A very pleasent place filled with guys who work at the testing grounds, so it can be difficult to get a room. The place is crowded, especially at the front where the cigarettes are smoked while cell conversations go on. I had to ask the front desk person to move a car from blocking the handicapped parking spot, and it turned out the car was hers, which is disgraceful. Otherwise, the rooms were great, clean and modern. The guy upstairs from me walked like an elephant, so I did have to call down to the desk about 1:30 in the AM when he took to dancing up there, but overall, a great place to stay. Thanks!

Room Tip: be a Marriott Rewards platinum member
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank suspect309
Vista, Ca
Reviewed February 7, 2012

Stayed 1 night using points and got upgraded to 2 bedroom suite. Rooms on small side with some furniture clutter. For example, door did not open all the way in larger bedroom due to chest or drawers. Also, no suitcase racks so had to leave them on floor in closet, expect more from Marriott. Continental breakfast little on weak side also.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PopTopBob
Fairmont, MN
Reviewed December 25, 2011

We visited the in-laws for five nights and stayed four of them at the Towne Place. I was able to get four nights on Marriot points at a pretty decent rate. I didn't have enough points or we would have stayed here all five nights.

Check in went very smooth. I reserved a queen suite and asked for an upgrade. It is strange, but I was told they do not have any king suites on the property. Oh well, I don't get upgraded every time. We got to our room and being used to a king bed at home we started wondering what it would be like to sleep on a queen bed together for 4 nights.

After thinking about it awhile, we went back to the front desk and asked that if a room with two beds opened up later in our reservation, if we could change to it. Aaron told us to wait and got the manager of the property to help. Not sure if he was tired of us or didn't have the authority to honor such requests.

The manager was quick to point out that a two bed suite was 10,000 points per night more. I told her I know I don't have that many. She kept fiddling with the computer and finally told us that she would upgrade us to a two bed suite for no additional points and wished us "Merry Christmas"!

We were VERY appreciative and VERY impressed with the room.

The Towne Place is right off exit 2 of I-8 and just off of US 95. It is also right across the street from a mall. Very convenient and it was also very easy for us to find our parent's RV Resort.

The breakfast in the morning is OK. The washer and dryer worked great. We enjoyed our stay at the TownePlace and will definitely return.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family