All reviews front desk complimentary breakfast lots of restaurants room was clean fresh fruit shopping mall waffles the hotel staff hotel is located great place to stay the breakfast area san diego convenient location would stay here again easy access sausage parking lot
Reviewed December 30, 2008

A family holiday is important so I hoped our family Christmas in Yuma would be a success and the staff at the Hampton delivered. Friendly staff at the front desk, where cookies were offered nightly, cordial staff at the well stocked breakfast area and clean comfortable rooms with a view. I stay in hotels a lot and am a bit hard to please, though the great staff and atmosphere at this hotel will have me returning. Did I mention quiet? Besides being fussy I am a light sleeper, The halls and walls must have some soundproofing, I thought we were the only people in the hotel until I met others at the hot breakfast offered daily. Location, location. We had only one car but could easily walk to shopping, entertainment and restaurants. This hotel has it all.

Date of stay: December 2008
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank TravelerMinnesota
Reviewed August 2, 2008

Wow, I would travel to Yuma just to stay at this hotel. We stayed one night on our way home from California. I had stayed at the Hampton Inn and Suites in Tucson, Arizona and decided to try this one out.

The price was right about $126 for the night. The room was roomy and clean. We were discussing the age of the hotel and guessed maybe less than a year because of the way it looked...brand new! The beds were so comfortable. They had down comfortors with duvets and several cushy pillows. The showers had great water pressure and the towels were thick. The furniture was a dark wood. The t.v. was in an armoire that had drawers and openings for a large black fridge and microwave.
There was a business center with free internet, computers, fax, etc.
They have a small gift shop with all sorts of snacks and things you might need for doing laundry. They also have a washing machine and a dryer. The pool was nice and cool since the temperature at night was 98 degrees. We even got into the jacuzzi to soothe our sore muscles.

I was surprised at all the channels we were able to receive on T.V.

The breakfast area is large with plenty of tables and chairs and a large flat screen T.V. Breakfast consisted of: a large variety of fresh fruits, several types of cold cereals, oatmeal, danishes, muffins, english muffins, white/wheat bread, other sweet pastries, regular/decaf coffees, teas, eggs, gravy, biscuits (these were especially good), milk, orange juice.

The front desk clerks were very friendly and informative both when I checked in in the afternoon and when I checked out in the morning. By the way, I asked about the age of the hotel and was told they opened in 2005. It is very well cared for. You can tell they are proud of their Hampton Inn and Suites.

Date of stay: July 2008
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank peanutbutter123
Reviewed July 18, 2008

We stay in hotels while boating at the Colorado River. Until June 2008, we always stayed at one of the Marriott hotels, but decided to give the Hampton a try. The beds were every bit as comfortable as our own at home; our room was quiet, and the service as good as any 4-star hotel we've ever stayed in. Within walking distance to some great restaurants. Plenty of boat parking right within view out our window. The Hampton is our new home away from home while boating at the river!

Date of stay: June 2008
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 5, 2008

I was in Yuma for a job interview - I didn't get the job, but I did get to stay at one of the finest Hampton Inns in America. Brand new, clean and beautiful. It was 111 degrees outside, but wonderful inside. I hated to leave. I was so comfortable and at home and the view was interesting and kind. Hampton Inn has done a great job with their hotel rooms - beautiful rooms, clean beds and hotels. Even a sparkling pool all to myself! Loved it!

Date of stay: July 2007
2  Thank AEStone
Reviewed February 1, 2008

The Hamton Inn in Yuma was great. We stayed here for one night during our trip to Phoenix. We had read some bad reviews about it here on tripadvisor. Infact it was the first hotel during our trip from San Fransisco were they called and asked if we were satisfied with the room. We booked a one bedroom suite with a whirlpool. The room was clean, nice and big. Two 32” LCD:s one in the bedroom with DVD and one in the living room. There were also a round dining table, sofa, arm chairs and a small kitchen area with micro. Don’t expect a spa resort but the hotel was great for spending a night or two and the staff was friendly. Breakfast was included in the rate and this was great for just a quick breakfast with fruit, yogurt, bagels etc. Free parking and free high speed internet.

Date of stay: January 2008