“Awesome stay”

Ranked #24 of 33 Hotels in Yuma
Meredith, New Hampshire, United States
“Awesome stay”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We stayed at this motel for 3 weeks. It was beautiful flowers everywhere. Our room had a kitchen, very nice and very clean, when we walked in the room our towels were done up to look like swans. Very nice touch. The people were very friendly.

• Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I recently stayed at the Yuma Cabana motel and was not impressed at all. The bed was so low that my girlfriend and I felt like we were in the wrong type of room because we were so much taller than the bed. They only had 2 pillows for the bed and we did not sleep good at all and were very tired the next day. The shower had very little water pressure. If you want a cheap place to stay because you want to save money then you can stay here but if you want a comfortable place to stay it's not worth it. On the upside the muffins for breakfast were very good and the staff was very helpful.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Yuma hotels

Hemet, California
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I saw good reviews...price was right....but IMHO not quite a 2 but could be with just a little work...Room was spotless and so were the sheets and towels...I was in 107 and the mattresss was old school and not real comfortable...AC worked good and wasn't to loud...Bathroom has been somewhat remodled but should have bars in the shower...Room did have a musty smell...
Room had Microwave and Frig...But NO COFFEE POT....
Area the Hotel is in is OK and close to everything....Would I stay here again...probally not,

Room Tip: No Elevator so ask for Groud Floor..
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Arizona
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Pretty clean, A/C works and relatively quiet. Price is pretty good too. No frills but when you are just passing through Yuma and need a place to sleep, this works well. The pool was a nice place to hang out and the staff was very nice and responsive.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank powderforage
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We were only staying for 1 night and we had our harley in the back of the truck so safety was one thing I looked for before booking a hotel in Yuma. This hotel was very cute, the night staff was very helpful and I didn't have to worry about the bike. We would definitely stay again if we were in town.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cristy F
Guilin, China
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I worked and lived in Yuma between 2002 & 2011. It seems most residents tend to guide their visiting friends and relatives away from the older motels along 4th Avenue. Some have less than great reputations and I guess they all suffer because of them.

I was in Yuma overnight yesterday (Friday 4/26) and was looking for somewhere other than my normal discount motel by the Interstate. Reading the Trip Advisor reviews for Yuma Cabana led me to try them. I reserved a second floor inner room with the balcony overlooking the pool.

We arrived early in the day and stopped in to see if we might get a room early. Although it was only 11 AM the clerk said, "No problem."

The hallway was clean and newly painted. The stair carpets were also clean and reasonably new. Our room smelled fresh was clean and recently remodeled. The furnishings were appropriate. The mattress was comfortable. I did appreciate the recliner, as the 4-hour drive to Yuma seemed longer than usual.

The free WIFI worked well but seemed to have limited bandwidth. Being frugal, I brought my Magic Jack and telephone with me. The reception was very scratchy and broken up.

Sitting outside on the balcony during a full moon made for a very enjoyable and relaxing few hours. In the morning, there was a continental breakfast to get our day started.

If there were anything negative, it would be my initial perception of the air conditioning. The ac/heat duct has an adjustable fan control. The motel selects the temperature and you adjusted it in your room based upon the speed of the fan. I never experienced that type system before, but the room reached and maintained a comfortable temperature. As Yuma often reaches 120F, the system must work well.

There is no doubt but that we have found a new motel for all out Yuma trips. A big thanks to the earlier reviewers. Had it not been for them we would never have ventured into a 4th Ave. motel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Chestertown
Reviewed April 4, 2013

My husband and I were very pleased with our stay the staff was very friendly and the property was very well maintained I would definetey have stayed another night if we were staying in the area. I would definetely reccomend this hotel to anyone looking for a great value.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends