“Best Value for the Money... Will Recommend Highly”
Review of Yuma Cabana Motel

Yuma Cabana Motel
Ranked #24 of 33 Hotels in Yuma
Westbank, BC Canada
“Best Value for the Money... Will Recommend Highly”
Reviewed July 30, 2011

Avery good experience right from first entering the lobby and asking to see the room first. Friendly staff member at the desk. Room was large, clean and comfortable for my 5 day stay. Pool was cleaned every morning, used it every day.

I checked in here after having a very bad experience down the road at the Yuma Palms.

Room Tip: Always ask to see the room before checking in.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank enter_only_once

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
sydney
Reviewed June 21, 2011

Stayed for 1 night on the way to Tucson. The room was spacious. Nice bed and pillows. Pool was refreshing. Temp was above 100F. Located near food establishments. Internet was a bit slow but good enough for email checking and general browsing.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank anton_cycling
Prince Albert
Reviewed April 30, 2011

We give this Motel top marks in all areas. Clean, quiet, secure. Staff polite and helpful. Pool/grounds/parking lot immaculate. Guest laundry excellent. Two Thumbs Up!!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank smbess68
Reviewed March 25, 2011

This was the first time use of Tripadvisor.com. Everything was as we expected. Staff was friendly and helpful, rooms clean, comfortable, WiFi worked perfectly, and more than enough channels on the TV. We would actually consider this for a longer stay. We were on the bottom floor and we loved the patio door access to or car, pool and lobby needs. Yes, the continental breakfast was wrapped pasteries. Perfect stay.

• Stayed March 2011
1 Thank dvwells79
yuma
Reviewed February 26, 2011

Salt water heated pool! The Yuma Cabana is THE motel to enjoy in Yuma. The staff is incredibly for real and the showers are crazy big. Balconies galore with plenty of beautiful pink flowers to gawk at. This is the first review I have ever written, and the Yuma Cabana and driven me to do it!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hoopblah
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed February 9, 2011

I had an unexpected overnight stay in Yuma so I checked out the reviews and this place seems to have a significant fan base, based on what I read. So I decided to give it a try.

I arrived at 2 AM and was greeted by a friendly clerk (sorry I forgot his name). I will be honest, the wrought iron bars protecting the front desk did make me a bit wary. and the first room I got smelled funky, and worse had a window that wouldn't lock, a problem when it's a first floor room.

The clerk gave me a key to another room, this time on the second floor. The room didn't smell bad (nor good) but at least it's window locks. I appreciated the good WiFi signal and it was free. The bed was clean and comfortable.

Let's start with the bad and get it out of the way. First, it's a motel from the 50's or early 60's, and looks every bit it's age. If you've ever stayed at an older hotel in Las Vegas (other than Caesar's) you'll know what I'm talking about.

Second, there was a bit of mold in the shower, I can forgive a bit in the grout. But the maid should have caught the growth beginning in the shower ceiling.

Third, you don't get individual temperature control. All you get to control is fan speed. The whole motel uses a centralized heating/cooling system, much like your own home, but without individual zones.

Now for the good. Free and strong WiFi (and I was near the back of the property). Comfortable bed. Nice easy chair to relax. Instant hot water. Lots of parking, thoug if you have a trailer it would be a problem.

If you're willing to have an open mind, I would suggest giving the Yuma Cabana a try.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank RonTheTraveler
Reviewed December 6, 2010

It was mine and my hubbys first big trip out of Canada together (BC). We did a road trip down on the I-5 along the coast to see as much as we could. We had stayed at a crappy/sketchy motel in San Francisco and had some interesting adventures trying to get comfy and sleep in our car because we couldn't find a half decent place to stay until we hit San Diego.

We finally made it to Yuma exhausted and trying to find a cheap place to stay (Boy, do you get what you pay for sometimes!) I didn't care for the place my hubby had picked out and thought it was a bad idea just by the looks of it. We ended up getting a room there for a week.... The first night, we ordered food and as we were waiting for the delivery guy the cops showed up to try to get a lady out of her room that she barricaded herself into and decided to stop paying for her room.

When our food got there. The crazy lady pointed up our way and tried blaming the delivery guy for harassing her and was screaming like a lunatic. The second-third night cops were around and all I could think is what the hell have we gotten ourselves into.

Finally when our week was up there we went looking for a new place. Went up the road about 5 minutes and seen the sign for the Yuma Cabana and thought we would stop to check it out. Boy were we in absolute heaven when we were able to preview a room before we got ourselves into another week anywhere.

We absolutely love the staff they are extremely sweet and pleasant and are always working on keeping inside and the grounds as clean as possible.

I am actually writing from one of the rooms at the Yuma Cabana now with my hubby. This is my second time here this year and the third time for my hubby, and we plan on coming back in the spring of 2011.

We absolutely love this place and will come back anytime we can make it. If you have never been here, or if you haven't been here in awhile. Come take a look, and go for a swim in their beautiful outside salt water pool. You won't be disappointed!!! :)

Thank You Yuma Cabana!