“Going Through the Motions”

MI Rancho Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 258 Restaurants in Yuma
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed September 29, 2012

This place was recommended by a number of people. After eating here I can't for the life of me understand why. The restaurant is generic Mexican, as is the food. No one seems to really care. In our section alone there were 15 lights out on the wagon wheel ceiling fixtures. I had the sautéed fish in garlic butter. That fish never saw a sauté pan. It was likely microwaved and placed in a baking dish with about a half inch of butter/oil. It was tasteless and virtually inedible. My wife fared better with a combination plate of pork and carne asada. It was nothing special but acceptable. We can't believe this close to the Mexican border that the food isn't better. I can name 20 restaurants in the Phoenix area with much better food.

There are newer reviews for MI Rancho Restaurant

Reviewed September 6, 2012

We wanted some good authentic mexican food and this place did it, great food, drinks and great waitress. Found it on trip advisor along with our hotel across the street.

2  Thank phyljj
Reviewed July 23, 2012

This is the best real mexican food we have eaten anywhere. Very tasty and very good prices. We found this to be rated good on tripadvisor and were highly pleased.

1  Thank c-130jfe
Reviewed July 13, 2012

I am Canadian and was expecting amazing Mexican food being so close to the border. Mi Rancho didn't disappoint me. The place was small and even a bit divey but the food was amazing. Where is Diners Drive in and Dives for they should come here. Huge Portions for very reasonable money. A great place to go!!!!!

1  Thank Bossymamma
Reviewed July 1, 2012

As a Tucson native, I found this restaurant exceptional with a wide variety of items, friendly staff, great service, and a good value! Will visit again next time through Yuma!