“Very disappointing.. Should have left.” 2 of 5 bubbles

Penny's Diner
Ranked #15 of 250 Restaurants in Yuma
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Edmonton, Canada
“Very disappointing.. Should have left.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

We sort of wondered why there was only a few couples there on Saturday night around supper time. We stayed and ordered. Hubby had chicken fried steak with mashed potatoes and I had meatloaf with mashed. The salads came quickly enough and had packaged dressings. Okay!! As I was watching the cooks behind the counter,I noticed my meatloaf and instant mashed potatoes from a cheap mix go I to the microwave. The. The young man touched the meatloaf to make sure it was hot. The meatloaf was tough and heavy with jalapeños and covered I brown gravy. Ugh!!! Hubby's chicken fried steak and potatoes were absolutely smothered in gravy from edge to edge on the plate. I do have to admit this was a pretty good chicken fried steak. Won't be going back.

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Yosemite National Park, California, USA
“busy, but awesome!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014

It was really busy the morning we rolled in, but the waitresses and staff were really nice and didn't let all craziness interfere with their day. Food was really good too! Straight up diner food and the perfect way to start your day!

Visited January 2014
Toronto, Canada
“True Diner Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

We went to The Diner at about 1 PM and it was not busy. The atmosphere was great and we picked a spot at the counter as we wanted to watch the staff at work. It is quite a show just watching the staff at work and it is very fast paced. The order was quite a while getting to us even though it was not busy. When we got it the food was hot and very good. The staff was very pleasant and good to talk to. The food was of average quality as nothing is home made, everything was frozen and no house made specialties which was too bad as it is a decent place. Overall it was good and I would go back.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GM_OTI, Manager at Penny's Diner, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate the feedback. We here at Penny's Diner, Yuma strive to provide quality food and excellent customer service. We will review with our servers to inform our guests about the blue plate specials, which we always have and should be posted daily. Thank you for your business and we look forward to serving you in the future”
Minnedosa,MB
“Unique little restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

Great lunch went back for supper also. Food was good and hot and tasty. Ws a pleasant experience Would recommend their lunch also their supper was hot plentiful and good

Visited January 2014
London, United Kingdom
“One of the best burgers I've had in a long time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

This diner is very convenient if you are staying in one of the many hotels nearby. You can just walk across the parking lot. I went twice and the staff was very efficient and speedy regardless of how busy it got. I found the place to be very clean and tidy. The hamburger I ordered was one of the tastiest I have ever had. I saw the cook bring out the patty and it was indeed a 1/2 lb.! The bun was just the right size, the meat was perfectly cooked and the grilled onions were delicious and not overflowing. I didn't try them but the milkshakes looked amazing! They were probably a meal by themselves. I'd definitely go back if I returned to Yuma. A meal for two with soft drinks (no liquor served) is about $23 and you are full when you come out. It is open 24 hours.

• Visited January 2014