“First trip to an American Diner”
Review of Penny's Diner

Penny's Diner
Ranked #13 of 273 Restaurants in Yuma
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Was so fascinating to watch a super busy diner with great staff and very good food. Huge line ups waiting to get in. Would visit again.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Penny,s Diner is a typical American Diner, 1950's chrome and mirrors railroad car style, spotlessly clean with a good menu of wholesome food. But what sets it apart from similar places in Yuma are the two servers, Vivian and Teri. We visited in mid October 2019 for an evening meal. Service was fast and the food was good taste and reasonably priced and the friendly staff made for a memorable visit.

1  Thank uncletony
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Typical old style car diner, I love em. Decorated nicely with the 50's memorabilia which was cool daddy O. Food was very good and the service was very good as well. Could eat there more than we did.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

The place is open 24/7 because they are contracted, or owned by the railroad. They are required to have a place for railroad workers to eat at while they are out of town. So, they don't care too much about the quality. I have gone in late at night and heard loud mouth drunks. I noticed that the cook was all sweaty, wearing an ankle monitor. The kitchen area looked scummy and the dishes weren't washed that well. I said something later on to a manager and was told that they hire just about anyone that they can find.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

This was close to our hotel and I was able to visit for a late full breakfast. I had the breakfast burrito which was cooked just as I like it. It is a typical diner with the food cooked right in front of you at the counter...nothing fancy, but very satisfying. I was favorably impressed that the ice water tasted so good. I know that may seem like faint praise, but often city water can be a bit off and this wasn't. In the Yuma heat, plenty of good water is desirable.

Been to Penny's Diner? Share your experiences!