“Don Quijotes has gotten better in the last few years”
Review of Don Quijote Mexican Food - CLOSED

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Yuma, Arizona
“Don Quijotes has gotten better in the last few years”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Alot of the reviews here are old nd for the newer ones I would say go try it out again. The food on both sides of the kitchen come out better looking and tasting. I have taken my family to several times, my son loves the grilled cheese, fiance loves the sonora beef tacos and i love the chicken marsala. Every day the resturante has some special going making the food and proportions extra worth while to eat out. the place is clean, hostess is charming, and the servers provide excellent, swift, curtious service. All in all the food and company are amazing, just because you have one mediocre night dont mean not to try it ever again, if youve ben there before and had a problem go back and give it a try odds are youll be impressed.

Visited October 2012

Germany
“Average is too much”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I like to eat good food, well prepared, spiced and cooked. If that's what you like to eat, don't go here. If you want food that is bland, this is the place to go. I don't know how the did it, but the one (and only) time I ate here, it tasted like they actually cooked the flavor OUT of the beef. Scary.

• Visited July 2012
Yuma, Arizona
“Worst meal in memory”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

My husband and I visited for dinner and were served the worst food I can remember ever receiving at a restaurant anywhere. The meat was poor quality and poorly prepared. The food in general was somehow both salty and utterly lacking in flavor, a combination that seems difficult to achieve. It was so bad that we just paid our check and left, eating virtually nothing. We could not even bring ourselves to discuss things with the manager. It seemed clear that they were serving poor quality food as a business choice, so having that discussion seemed like a waste of time.

Our waitress, however, was lovely. She was very friendly and prompt and would have made the experience very enjoyable if she were not forced to bring out the bad food.

• Visited August 2012
Yuma
“Food was ok at best, staff was overwhelmed with few patrons.”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Food wasnt terrible but was far from something I would seek out. Staff was overwhelmed with only three tables in the place seated. Three the menu items were not available but we were only notified after someone ordered and had to dive back into the menu.

Visited November 2011
Yuma
“Mexian in the Foothills”
Reviewed April 9, 2012

This is really basic Mexican food thrown in with a bit of everything else on the menu (prime rib). It's very average and the service isn't all that great, however, there really isn't much in the foothills to compete.

Visited January 2012