“Yuma has a secret.”

River City Grill
Ranked #5 of 257 Restaurants in Yuma
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: RIVER CITY GRILL In our 17th Year of Celebrating Fine Food & Service Welcome to River City Grill. We offer a unique menu based on the regional cuisines of the Mediterranean, Pacific Rim, India and the Caribbean; with an emphasis on fresh fruit and vegetable sauces, whole grains and exotic spices - foods that are naturally low in fat and rich in flavor. We serve wild river salmon, halibut & true cod from Alaska, naturally raised beef, Kobe burgers, as well as house made bread and desserts. We take great pride in our talented staff and hope your experience with us is a happy one.
Madison, Alabama
“Yuma has a secret.”
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Well I was skeptical when I was recommended River City Grill but to my surprise, it was a hidden gem. I work in Yuma throughout the year so when I come to town I usually hit the normal spots. Now I have a new spot. The muscles appetizer was great. Tequila snapper was very good. A must try!!

• Visited May 2013

Worcester, UK
“The most interesting food in Yuma”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I ate here with colleagues a number of times while in Yuma. It became a favourite for our group since it served a diverse range of interesting dishes.

It is a short drive away from the main restaurant areas, but easy to get to and there is parking to the East of the restaurant. The restaurant is small inside, but we always ate in the courtyard where there is plenty of space.

The menu is ambitious and most dishes work well, but there were a few dishes I had that weren't up to the standard of the others.

The crab and salmon cakes were a favourite starter, and the salads were all interesting with good flavour. The Seafood Gumbo was very spicy which detracted from the flavour, and my drunken Alaskan Cod tasted a little undercooked.

The Tequila Snapper was good, as was the Jamaican Jerked Chicken and Blackened Chicken.

Service was always friendly and fairly efficient when we were there, but on a couple of visits we had issues with them forgetting our booking, despite me having called earlier that day and given an exact time for our group of 10 to arrive. They still always managed to seat us, but it was a little awkward.

If you want something a bit different in Yuma, with some interesting food served in a pleasant setting, then this is the place to go.

• Visited May 2012
Encinitas, California
“Best Eatery in Yuma!”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We left Phoenix at 10:30 AM and by the time we got to Yuma we were hungry for lunch. The IPod suggested River City Grill and we are so happy we discovered this gem of a restaurant! We were warmly greeted by the hostess/waitress and soon had thirst quenchers and appetizers in front of us! The two kids were happy with the kid menu and the adults were dismayed to see so many tempting items on the menu ! We all ordered something different and each one of us was not disappointed. We only wish Yuma was closer to where we lived so we could visit this wonderful establishment more often!

• Visited March 2013
yuma
“They try!!!!”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I guess they try!!! Been there with friends because they are vegetarians and I guess they felt they could get a good meal. I saw nothing special but high prices!!! People give it a good try so that your patrons will cherish the idea of coming back! Food could use some improvement.

Visited September 2012
Savannah, Georgia
“Best food I had in Yuma”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

This is a small restaurant - not much bigger than a 2 car garage inside so I assume it gets crowded and/or you'll need reservations if you are going on a busy night. There isn't even room to sit down when you walk in so I'm not sure where exactly you wait if there isn't a table for you. We walked in with a group of 8 at about 5:30 on a weeknight and were seated right away. This place has exceptional service and very good food. The menu is a mix of Caribbean, Asian, and Mediterranean, but everyone at our table praised the high quality and taste. Their yellow curry chicken was some of the best I have ever had. Nice wine selection but only bottled beers. I'd recommend this place to anyone and if I ever find myself in Yuma again this will be my #1 recommendation for dinner.

• Visited February 2013