“Don't Eat Here! Uneven Quality & Poor Service”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Red Lobster

Red Lobster
Ranked #51 of 251 Restaurants in Yuma
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Families with children
San Diego, California
“Don't Eat Here! Uneven Quality & Poor Service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

We came in for a late supper at around 8pm on a Saturday night in August 2013. The hostess was cheerful and said they were open until 11pm, so she seated us. The waitress was (I will withhold her name out of respect for her privacy) obviously tired, impatient, and a bit short-tempered. Someone else had brought us water, but then she appeared later with two MORE glasses of water, and plopped them down on the table, stating that she didn't know we already had water, and oh boy, now we have FOUR glasses on our table. She left, saying that if we didn't want the extra water, she would remove them later. When she finally came back, she took our order, was relatively polite but obviously wanting to be out of there. When our food came, my husband's vegetables were a joke, too little of them and poorly cooked. However, his flounder was good. My meal, however, was not. I had ordered half shrimp scampi and half coconut shrimp. My plate did have shrimp scampi on it, but it was poorly prepared, overcooked and too salty. The other half of my shrimp was plain, breaded, fried shrimp... no coconut shrimp, which Red Lobster is famous for. I hate plain breaded fried shrimp. We called the waitress over and told her about it. She then informed us that they had run out of coconut shrimp, and so the cook decided to put plain breaded fried shrimp as a substitute, assuming I would like that. Since when does restaurant staff ignore the customer when this happens? The waitress should have come immediately to tell me they were out of what I ordered, and ask me what would I like in its place, instead of ignoring me, and letting the cook slap whatever he wanted on my plate, and assume I would eat anything they put in front of me. She apologized, and suggested I accept some other type of shrimp, (spicy stuff with wasabi in it). I said no thanks, just take several dollars off the bill and leave me alone. They did deduct $4 from the bill for us. On our way out, I wanted to tell the manager what I thought of this ordeal, but he/she was nowhere to be found (naturally). So we paid and left, leaving a 15% tip instead of the usual 18-20%... which I thought was generous anyhow. In addition, the staff was mopping and cleaning up as if they were about to close, but it was not anywhere near 11pm yet. Rude staff and uneven quality of the food means we will not be returning to this establishment.

• Visited August 2013

Centralia Wa
“Good Food Great Choices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

The food here is really good, I am not a seafood eater and still found plenty to choose from, the combination dinners are really a LOT of food so go hungry, I promise you wont be hungry when you leave

Visited December 2012
“Terrible service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

No silverware after receiving first entry, so we waited; waitress forgot my wife's drink, so we reminded her and waited; waitress brought out our main dish and she forgot our appetizers so we send back our main dish back and waited; waitress brought out only one appetizer and not the rest; main dish came out with sides missing; manager came out congratulating us on our anniversary... Do not know were she got that from...we were Not celebrating no special event...said sorry for everything and gave us two free desserts to send us home happy..NOT EVEN!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank yumaarizona
Evansville, Indiana
“Wow”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

I went here with a few coworkers at work. I really wasn't up for Red Lobster as I believe they are an abomination to seafood (based on eating there several years ago). We all had the all you can eat shrimp and it was fantastic. There wasn't one that was bad. One of the shrimp came with some fettuccine alfredo and it was one of the best alfredo sauces I have ever had in a restaurant. The pasta was cooked al dente (in and of itself a miracle from ANY restaurant). Eating here has made me have to reevaluate my opinion of Red Lobster. I haven't had anything else yet (there are no RL where I live) but I'll definitely eat here again.

• Visited July 2012
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Red Lobster”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

I had the tilipia cooked in a parchment bag and it was wonderful.
The only thing we did not catch until later was that they charged me for a more expensive glass of wine than what I had.

Visited May 2013