“Just about the BEST Mexican food "ANYWHERE"”

La Fonda Tortilla Factory
Ranked #35 of 254 Restaurants in Yuma
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Yuma, Arizona
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,225 helpful votes
“Just about the BEST Mexican food "ANYWHERE"”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Love, love Mexican food and have had food through out the southwest and parts of Mexico. This is just great food each time we stop in, we have lunch there at least once a week. It is our first stop when we return to Yuma for the winter.

Not only does it have great food but the staff is wonderful, dressed in beautiful Mexican style clothes, great prices and included in this price are your beverage, chips and salsa and a choice of soup or salad. The dessert are wonderful so leave room for them, my favorite the fried ice cream and my husband love the fruit tart made to order.

This place is really clean, has orders to go and you can buy corn and flour tortillas, salsa etc. before you leave. If you have not been here you must go try it.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank 2013TravelinFool

Edmonton, Canada
“Me:how long have you been here? Reply, 40 years!!!”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Went out for supper out of this slightly darkened street in an industrial area and were absolutely blown away!! Service was excellent. 2 of is had the#3 combo, I had the tres panchos and hubby had another combo. Everyone declared their meals excellent. I had 3 tacos.. Shrimp, chicken and beef. Couldn't finish everything so I brought home 2 of the tacos...too much food. The soups... The guys each orders a soup. Last night was meatball soup and chicken taco soup. Both were excellent. Love this place. I could easily take home the chef and that wonderful smiling waitress. The experience was great.. Thanks to the staff there.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank Edmontonsmile
Belgrade, Montana
“Aromas that invite you in.......”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

We found this restaurant on Trip advisor as we do many places when we travel.
This tortilla factory and restaurant is a tradition in YUMA, AZ. The aromas were so inviting. We were seated quickly and watched as the staff moved quickly and efficiently around the customers. Most of them were obviously regulars.
We ordered our lunch, I had a chicken enchalada with green sauce and a chicken taco. Oh so tasty. My husband ordered a combo of Beef Taco and enchalada plate. The home made chips light and crisp and salse was very different then what we were used to. Tasty and smooth salsa.
The recipes are from Senora, Mexico. A different region then we are used to. We both loved our meals.
The Tamales are sold to go so we bought a dozen and know they will be as good as the what we had in house.
Our server 0007 was very helpful in knowing the ingredients of the menu items. I have a sever food allergy and she took it seriously.

• Visited December 2013
3 Thank jeffreyshapiro
Eloy, Arizona
“Watch out for menu errors”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Our waitress was very slow. I ordered 2 soft grilled shrimp tacos and they came fried
I told her they made a mistake and she said no. They only come battered and fried. I asked why did it say grilled. She said it was the same
No difference in them. My husband had to ask for his order she brought every one eleses not bid
S

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank gypsyred48
Ocala
“Mid Day Lunch”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

First off, let me say the rolled tacos are not all that. Taquitos to the rest of us, only smaller. The fact that the charge you for a refill on your drink is a second knock and $1.19 for a side of sour cream that didn't even fit on a spoon. Won't be back

• Visited August 2013