“Nothing special....”

La Fonda Tortilla Factory
Ranked #38 of 251 Restaurants in Yuma
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Antwerp, Belgium
“Nothing special....”
Reviewed June 20, 2011

The food was good but not really special. Typical budget restaurant for families.

• Visited June 2011

Colorado River (CA./AZ. border)
“The Best Mexican Food Ever!”
Reviewed June 8, 2011

Based on reviews and being non-locals, I called them to see when they closed and to get directions. It was about 6 PM on a Friday and they said they were open 'til 8 PM, so we followed their directions (4th Ave to 11th and they are behind the big Goodwill store, on 3rd Ave). Our waitress was "Laura" and the service was exceptional, I had a bit of trouble making up my mind on the soup as I really like meatball soup but the reviews indicated the tortilla soup was noteworthy, so went with the later. After we placed our orders, we both went to the restrooms to wash our hands and when we got back to the table our soup was already waiting for us including a bowl of the meatball (no charge) so we could sample the difference! Both are excellent, in fact the best I've ever had which was delightfully a recurring sentiment throughout our meal!

We really pigged out, everything was so fresh & noteworthy delicious, even the celery in the soup... I mean when have you ever been so impressed with all the details even down to the celery!?! It was without a doubt the best Chile Rellenos, Tamales, Rolled Tacos, that I've ever had in my life. I ordered the Chile Rellenos dinner with a side order of the green sauced tamale, wife ordered a combo that included a different tamale, taco, enchilada, & rolled tacos, she was ecstatic about the flavor & freshness quality of everything too. We noticed what others were getting too, and it all looked fantastic. Gotta give a nod of thanks to the fellow reviewers here, this was the highpoint of our Yuma Trip and will now be a "must" on all future Yuma trips!

• Visited May 2011
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Authentic Delicious”
Reviewed February 21, 2011

We've been living in Yuma, Az. for over 40 yrs. now & if you really want great authentic, delicious, and wonderful service La Fonda is the best mexican restaurant to go to. The food is served nice & hot & the tortilla's are the best as they are made there too. Food can't be beat anyplace else in Yuma, Az.

• Visited February 2011
“Ummmm Ummmm Good”
Reviewed December 31, 2010

This place is hard to find if not a local. The Food is Really good. Salsa is great, one of the best in state!. Good Service and Smiles all around.

Yuma, Arizona
“Best Mexican food in Yuma- crappy hours”
Reviewed November 8, 2010

This is the best Mexican food I have found so far in Yuma. The tortilla soup is fabulous, they make all their tortillas fresh. I also love the fish and shrimp tacos. My only complaint is the hours, the restaurant closes at 6pm so we can never go there for dinner- just lunch. Its definantly worth a visit though. Much better than Chretins.