“MUST BE GOOD TO DRIVE 1300 MILES”
Review of El Charro Cafe

El Charro Cafe
Ranked #22 of 254 Restaurants in Yuma
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Bentonville
“MUST BE GOOD TO DRIVE 1300 MILES”
Reviewed September 14, 2009

I was raised in yuma and then left. After getting married and bringing my wife to Yuma, and El Charro, we plan our trips to CA. from ARK. so that we come through and eat here. It is absolutely the best. as one review said, theres grease in the food but MAN its good. If theres no grease it aint good. you have to have a cheese crisp as an appetizer. my fave is green enchilada dinner. give it a try. if you figure out the cheese crisp recipe, email it to me.( How do they get the tortilla crisp). skcbb5@msn.com.
enjoy
Gary Cobb

1 Thank skcbb5

Bothell, WA
“My favorite restaurant in the world!!!”
Reviewed May 22, 2009

I grew up eating from here. My favorite is the bean rice and cheese burritos. They also make wonderful rolled tacos and have the best soft butter tortillas. Besides being delicious in general, I always appreciated how the tortillas on the burritos are slighty toasted. The portions are always good with the plates as well. I moved to Phoenix about 7 or 8 years ago and would make sure I had some El Charro every time I visited Yuma. Now I live in Seattle so it is a very special treat when I visit. I miss the food SO MUCH!!!

yuma
“we go all we can!!”
Reviewed April 23, 2009

We hae been eating here for over 35 years and all you have to say is Red or Green Saddle and everyone knows where your at....The best cheese crisp & waitresses in town.......

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I have been eating hear...”
Reviewed December 19, 2008

I have been eating hear for most of my life. Now I live I live in Phoenix and every time I am in town I eat here and take a huge to go order back with me. My recommendation is Combo "F" Bean Burito topped with green Chile and Cheese with a side or beans or rice.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“If you like your mexican...”
Reviewed November 19, 2007

If you like your mexican food full of grease, then I suggest you come here. My opinion is based on years of witnessing them prepare my meals this way. The only reason I go back is because my grandparents like it. If you are like them and don't care about your arteries, have fun!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Been to El Charro Cafe? Share your experiences!